Iconic Fox guns for the less well healed??

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
6pt-sika

Re: Iconic Fox guns for the less well healed??

Post by 6pt-sika »

Any 32” 16 or 20 . And I hesitate to add the HE after having had one I’m Not as enamored as I once was .
Parker’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm’s and my family in the Philippines :!:
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

6pt-sika wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:44 am Any 32” 16 or 20 . And I hesitate to add the HE after having had one I’m Not as enamored as I once was .
Craig, if you ever come across a 12g/3 IN./32” HE that was “built light” at 8-1/4 to 8-1/2 lbs you may change your mind. :D frank
Aan
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

6pt-Sika wrote: And I hesitate to add the HE after having had one I’m Not as enamored as I once was .
Different strokes for different folks. My 32", 3" chambered, 9 lb. 8 oz. Super is one of the last guns I own that I'd ever get rid of. It'll do anything I ask of it, even chase down late season, speedster doves. However, I will readily admit that I don't ordinarily use a "12 anything" for doves.

Last edited by Stan Hillis on Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

Stan Hillis wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:20 pm
6pt-Sika wrote: And I hesitate to add the HE after having had one I’m Not as enamored as I once was .
Different strokes for different folks. My 32", 3" chambered, 9 lb. 8 oz. Super is one of the last guns I own that I'd ever get rid of. It'll do anything I ask of it, even chase down late season, speedster doves. However, i will readily admit that I don't ordinarily use a "12 anything" for doves.

The HE I had was totally redone and restocked from PG to straight and it was a nice looking gun . To be honest I could shoot it pretty well , but in my hands that HE felt heavier than some of my 10 gauge Parker’s . And those Parker’s all are 32” where as that HE was a 30” . As to late season dove it’s typically a 16 gauge 30 or 32 inch but this year if we do it again more than likely it’ll be a VH 20 32” . Once in the past I did use my grandfathers old W&C Scott crystal indicator 10 gauge 30” gun but that’s more of a sentimental thing .
Parker’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm’s and my family in the Philippines :!: