A friend could use prayer !

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
6pt-sika

A friend could use prayer !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Danny Patton a Parker guy that also owns a few Fox guns and is a heck of a stock guy had a massive heart attack Friday morning while in Wisconsin on his annual grouse hunt . He was of course hospitalized and almost immediately put in a medically induced coma . On Tuesday I was told he was moved from ICU to the critical care unit and still in the coma . But I was also told the plan was to bring him out of the coma yesterday or today . Anyway he can use prayers thoughts etc . Thanks !
Parker’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm’s and my family in the Philippines :!:
bbman3

Re: A friend could use prayer !

Post by bbman3 »

Prayers sent for Danny and family. Bobby
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

6 pt-sitka,
I will be praying for Mr. Patton. Keep us posted!!
Regards - Foxnut
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

Just got the latest on Patton ! He is awake and acknowledges . He however has a tube down his throat and can’t talk . So it sounds like he’s on an upward track !
Parker’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm’s and my family in the Philippines :!:
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

I was in that situation three years and two months ago. I had drowned, had been on a ventilator for about two weeks, had been "weaned" from it, and had a breathing tube down my throat. I couldn't talk or swallow. It was miserable, to say the least. A couple days later they pulled out the tube and I immediately could speak and swallow. I'm 100% recovered now, with zero after-effects. Keep praying. God is still working and He still works miracles.
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

New update this morning Patton is very much awake , the tube is oughtta his throat , he’s talking and moving his arms . But he’s still a bit groggy . A positive progression for sure !
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

Also was told today he’s scheduled to start physical therapy today or tommorrow . 8)
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Good news for Mr. Patton! Keep us posted.
Regards - Foxnut
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

Got an update on Patton today ! He is out of the hospital and in a rehabilitation facility still in WI . He’s talking fine and walking pretty well and from what I understand the physical and occupational therapy are going well . I was told he’ll most likely be there a couple weeks before they think about letting him head back to Virginia . Anyway this is all a step in the right direction !
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

More positive news late last night ! A friend called and told me Danny had called him and said the plan at the moment is for him to return home next Thursday or atleast start the drive home of course with other people .

Post by simcgunner »

Great news.I'm happy to hear Danny's doing better. We lost Louis Proffit a tough old Marine who was at the frozen Chosin in Korea this week. He was a founding member of Virginia waterfowlers association.
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Glad to hear Mr. Paton is progressing forward. I’m sure he’s itching to get out of rehab/WI and head back to VA.! Let’s hope the plan for him to travel later this week stays on track!
Regards - Foxnut
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

Got the latest straight from the horses mouth a couple minutes ago ! Patton told me the doctors are telling him he may be able to head home this Friday or Saturday . But he sounds in good spirits all be it a little tired . But all in all I’d say it’s all be a steady upward progression !
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

Great news, good to hear he is on the mend!
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

Just a little update . Patton called me yesterday and we talked about half an hour . Anyway he sounded good , he said he didn’t feel 100% which is to be expected . And of course he gets tired fairly easily . He also told me he’ll start therapy here next week I believe he said . But he sounds in a pretty good state of mind all things considered .