Any Wild Turkey fans?

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Chrisss31

Any Wild Turkey fans?

Post by Chrisss31 »

I had a friend drip off a neat old Wild Turkey bottle, thought you guys might appreciate it.
IMG_3219.jpg
Jeff S

Re: Any Wild Turkey fans?

Post by Jeff S »

That’s a nice one, but I haven’t touched that stuff since college.
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Jeff S wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:55 am That’s a nice one, but I haven’t touched that stuff since college.

If that’s the case that has been a long long time!!!
Regards - Foxnut
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

I was given two different Wild Turkey decanters, in the late 1970s/early 1980s and they sat on the sideboard in our dining area and though neither was ever opened, by the time we moved in 2003 the contents had all evaporated. I stocked a liquor cabinet here in 2003 and the still sealed bottle of Wild Turkey remains full. My visitors seem to gravitate to the Scotch and Absolut. Probably in the last quarter century the only distilled spirits I've consumed are hot buttered rums during the holidays.
Share the knowledge
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

I was given two different Wild Turkey decanters, in the late 1970s/early 1980s and they sat on the sideboard in our dining area and though neither was ever opened, by the time we moved in 2003 the contents had all evaporated. I stocked a liquor cabinet here in 2003 and the still sealed bottle of Wild Turkey remains full. My visitors seem to gravitate to the Scotch and Absolut. Probably in the last quarter century the only distilled spirits I've consumed are hot buttered rums during the holidays.
Share the knowledge
Maggiemollie

Post by Maggiemollie »

These were my grandfathers. Probably late 60's early 70's. I remember them as a kid. He didn't drink just was given as gifts. He died 2000 and when I got them I think there was a little WT and no IM. The bottles are cool. Keepsake.
Attachments
IMG_3247.jpg
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

I was in the wholesale and retail liquor business for 29 years, dealt with Austin-Nichols for all that time, but I never bought a Wild Turkey decanter in all that time. I wasted all of my excess funds on hunting, competition shooting, and Parker collecting, and my family. Silly me. I did assist my retail collectors of decanters in their efforts to bring their collections to a higher level.