Rosey “Up North”

Use this forum to post pictures of your hunting dog.
Foxnut

Rosey “Up North”

Post by Foxnut »

Rosey and I had an opportunity to hunt the Northern Lower of MI earlier this week. While the weather wasn’t great we managed to find some grouse and woodcock and brought a few home. Rosey is 5 this year and continues to grow into a very solid hunting companion. Solid on points, won’t break a point, retrieves well and ranges great. In spite of breezy, rainy weather she delivered the goods. We were joined by my wife on this trip and it was good for her to see what her house dog is bred to do!! We stayed at a nice rustic lodge on the fabled Au Sable River and talked to quite a few fly fisherman and other hunters as well.
IMG_6346.png
IMG_6350.png
Last edited by Foxnut on Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards - Foxnut
Foxnut

Re: Rosey “Up North”

Post by Foxnut »

Some additional pics
IMG_6344.png
IMG_6345.png
Attachments
IMG_6343.png
Regards - Foxnut
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Last batch of pics. Headed back up next week for grouse camp!! Can’t wait.
IMG_6347.png
IMG_6348.png
IMG_6349.png
IMG_6351.png
Regards - Foxnut
Sporrns

Post by Sporrns »

Great story, report and pics! Sounds like the kind of vacay I need right about now - Have hunted lots in the East (VA, MD, PA, NY, NH, ME, VT for grouse & woodcock , midwest (KS, IO) for phez and quail and MT and SD for phez, sharptails and huns but never have gone to the WI or MI or MN "big woods". Kind of feel like I left that part of the country out so would like to try it. Kevin
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Great report Brett. Looks like a beautiful area, and sounds like Rosey is a fine bird dog. It’s nice that Cherri came along to combine “vacation” and hunting. Well done!
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Sporrns wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:55 pm Great story, report and pics! Sounds like the kind of vacay I need right about now - Have hunted lots in the East (VA, MD, PA, NY, NH, ME, VT for grouse & woodcock , midwest (KS, IO) for phez and quail and MT and SD for phez, sharptails and huns but never have gone to the WI or MI or MN "big woods". Kind of feel like I left that part of the country out so would like to try it. Kevin
Kevin, plan a trip to MI and we’ll chase some birds here. Who knows, we might get Steggy in the action too!
Regards - Foxnut
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

👍 I’m in.