Who is going?

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
Maggiemollie

Who is going?

Post by Maggiemollie »

This sounds like fun. I arrived late on Hausmanns. Didn't nearly shoot as much as wanted. I'm hoping to meet up with a few fox members and shoot whatever. At Hausmanns I shot the Fox shoots and got to meet several members but got paired up with someone I hope I NEVER to shot with again (not a Fox member) for the clays course. A 100 target course took 3hr to shoot because of this person. I shot with him because I couldn't find anyone Fox who wanted to shoot.
Silvers

Re: Who is going?

Post by Silvers »

Just based on the site trends I doubt Ron that you'll get too many Foxers to post that they're going to be at the Northern. Part of that seems to be a reluctance to post most anything - which I don't understand - but imo there have been other factors over recent years that resulted in a downturn of Fox shooters. Needless to say you're welcome to squad up with me and those I regularly shoot with. Regarding "yur bud" you had the experience of shooting with at Hausmann's, the fella is usually there at the Northern hanging out at the clubhouse area and looking for someone to shoot with; and while he’s a nice enough gent most of us have learned to avoid inviting him to shoot on a squad because it slows them down and throws off the cadence. Declining can be a little tricky but already having a full squad is a good reason.

P.S. You might recall while in the parking area at Hausmann's I asked and then tried to caution you about shooting with the fella. :wink: frank
Last edited by Silvers on Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aan
Kimber06

Post by Kimber06 »

Hi Ron, glad to see you ate making these SxS events a must do on your calendar. I will be there with my buddy Steve. Last year was our first time shooting at the Rock, and we had a great time. Looking forward to seeing you and some of the other Fox guys.

Don
Maggiemollie

Post by Maggiemollie »

I will be arriving around 11am on Friday and staying til the end.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Ron, sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Hausmann’s.

While I was at Hausmann’s, I told a few of my close friends that I would not be attending Rock Mountain in July. However, after extensive negotiations with my better half (don’t ask), I am now planning to attend the event. If I’m lucky, I’ll get a few practice rounds in before then so that I can represent the Fox Nation if needed. 🤞
Maggiemollie

Post by Maggiemollie »

EXCELLENT!!!!

Hope to get to shoot with you and Frank.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

The Northern SxS is a vintage sporting shooters’ delight with something more than 30 different gauge and gun specific events on different sections of multiple courses. It’s common for first time attendees to learn that a person/squad you hoped to shoot with has already done that event, and then you're on your own looking for others to shoot with. That's why you'll see folks hanging out on the front deck. All the events are done with a trapper/scorer for the squad which keeps things "honest" for score shooters, and it's hard to schedule shooting this or that events in sequence, and thus squads will often decide what to shoot next as they go. Nevertheless if you’re coming alone or with a partner you might want to look at the events sheet on Rock Mountain's website and try to pre-plan your shooting event(s) with your Fox buds before getting to the club. frank
Last edited by Silvers on Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aan
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

I will be at Mike's Thursday to Saturday with three friends. We take a casual approach, mostly hang out in the grass parking lot and shoot a couple of rounds each day but normally not for score. I'm more of a social attendee than a serious shooter. I'm not a accomplished shooter, ditto for my friend, so we don't enter the events for score. However, I may shoot a round for score with a Fox if it looks like we need bodies to fill out a team for the Fox/Parker Challenge. I will enter the 8ga 30 bird event. Look for us in the grass parking lot up behind the picnic pavilion. Craig
Maggiemollie

Post by Maggiemollie »

Will do. I have never shot an 8g. Don't know the specifics but if I could borrow a gun and gladly pay for the shells I'd like to shoot one. Fully understand if 8g shells are rare but if any possibility to shoot, I'd like to participate.
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

Maggiemollie wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:27 pm Will do. I have never shot an 8g. Don't know the specifics but if I could borrow a gun and gladly pay for the shells I'd like to shoot one. Fully understand if 8g shells are rare but if any possibility to shoot, I'd like to participate.
I don't want to lend out one of my 8's for shooting, sorry, but your welcome to handle it. Craig
Maggiemollie

Post by Maggiemollie »

Craig, no problem, fully understand .
Chrisss31

Post by Chrisss31 »

Ron, There is an 8 ga. Parker CH on gunbroker right now for $65K, that'll get you through the long weekend. As for your shooting partner... they're not all 10's. Meeting new and interesting people is the fun part. Apparently you don't know a guy until you shoot a round of sporting clays with them.
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

I’d love to attend the Rock Mntn. shoot but alas attending the Southern and Hausmann’s this year will be it for me except for some MI shoots. A lot of family obligations this time of year. Have a great time!!
Regards - Foxnut