Thank you to VATURKEY (TomT)Loose rear tang screw diagnosis

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
brushbuster

Thank you to VATURKEY (TomT)Loose rear tang screw diagnosis

Post by brushbuster »

I just wanted to shout a big THANKS to Tom at the fox collector booth on Friday.

I was having trouble with my 12 Ga Fox during the event the safety would come back on between shots. When I mentioned this to Tom he mentioned to check that the rear tang screw was tight and that you had to remove the trigger guard to expose the screw.

Well I was giving my 12 Ga Fox a proper cleaning after work and noticed that the top tang was a little proud of the wood where before it was always flush with the wood. I carefully removed the wood screw and rotated the trigger guard and sure enough the rear tang screw was loose.

I tightened her up and now the top tang is once again flush with the wood. I hope this resolves the issue but I'll have the gunsmith check it just in case.

Thanks Tom much appreciated!

Dennis
Attachments
IMG_3896.jpeg