Pleasure Meeting Members

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
Maggiemollie

Pleasure Meeting Members

Post by Maggiemollie »

I always wanted a SxS. My father had a Parker and Parker was the one I wanted to have.

But when I started looking about 3yrs ago I found this site and decided I wanted a Fox instead. I bought a SW and with reservations I joined this site. Why? My fear was, "I'm joining a bunch of elitist a-holes who will put me down because I don't know anything and I bought the lowly entry level gun." I've seen that attitude prevail in other vintage and/or purest activities.

The above is the farthest from the truth. Those I met at Hausmanns are terrific and represent the tradition/history of Fox well. I was made to feel welcome, not inferior, and that was not the case in other similar activities I got involved (or other vintage SxS associations). Members actively telling me I could shoot their gun (and I thank Don for letting me shoot his SBT, which obviously has holes in the pattern as evidenced by my 1/10 result). I especially want to say thanks to Frank who has been incredible and has always taken the time to answer my questions.

I am very happy I joined this association and look forward to participating in more of these SxS shoot. I really had an enjoyable time.
Jeff S

Re: Pleasure Meeting Members

Post by Jeff S »

It was nice meeting you, and congratulations on your shooting at the Bo Whoop station.
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

Good to see you at Ernie's and good to hear you got your first Fox. Having more than one is very acceptable.

I like your carry along ammo box. Very practical.

Jolly
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

It's always a pleasure being and shooting with those Fox members I know and meeting new Fox aficionados. This year i met Dennis (Brushbuster) and his son and friend, also finally meeting up with Ron (Maggiemollie). Also good of course to spend time with some Lefever and Parker enthusiasts. Ron was modest in his post and while I did watch him shoot donuts (probably bad factory shells) :o while fielding Don's excellent Fox SBT and to include learning about doing a Flambé with a new/unfamiliar gun - not sure if that spelling is correct. I understand that Ron won the Bo-Whoop HOA with a long run and using his super nice LC Smith Long Range gun. First time I remember a Long Range prevailed for a B-W purse. Sincere congrats! I had to leave a little early yesterday and although I heard some other reports I don't know for sure about all the place winners of the B-W, WCL nor other Fox events. Some of our leaders are staying over for today's Handicap Subgauge shoot at the nearby Rock Mountain and it may take a day or so for them to return home, catch up and for news coverage to be posted. I’m headed out to RM now. frank
Aan
brushbuster

Post by brushbuster »

Frank it was great meeting you in person and thanks again for sharing your Fox knowledge! I"ll be sending my 20 Ga in for a little trigger adjustment before the next shoot.
I also got a chance to meet Daryl C and I hope next time to meet a few more members!
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

I had the good fortune to shoot with Dennis (brushbuster), his son Ryan and friend Shane. Wow! These guys are obviously serious shooters. A very “precise” group. 👍
Kimber06

Post by Kimber06 »

Ron, it was great to meet and chat with you. I am always happy to let folks shoot my guns, just trying to hook a few more on the Fox gun. As for your shooting on the Letterman, at least you broke one. I went 0 for 20 . And that was great shooting with your Smith on the Bo Woop. Hope to see you again next year.