Single trigger

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Mike

Single trigger

Post by Mike »

Considering an A grade with a single selective trigger, and have been assured the trigger is fully functional. Having heard that vintage single triggers can be a pain, and that knowing that competent vintage gunsmiths are hard to find these days, especially west of the Mississippi, how difficult would it be to find someone to work on a single selective if something did go wrong with it?
Stan Hoover

Re: Single trigger

Post by Stan Hoover »

Welcome Mike,

Last spring I had Dan May work on 2 single triggers for me, a Kautsky on a Fox and an Ithaca single selective trigger. I was very happy with the timeliness of getting the guns back to me and both triggers are working great.

Dan May
classicgunstocks.com

Also, Miller Single Trigger is a division of Classic Gun Stocks

Stan
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks very much, Stan - what I needed to know.

Mike
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

I’ll second the comments on Dan May!! Very competent!
Regards - Foxnut
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Dan is often set up with tables at the Northeast SxS (Hausmann's). But Ernie's website shows "down for maintenance" and thus I haven't seen a complete vendor list for this year so time will tell. frank
Aan
Brian Dudley

Post by Brian Dudley »

Single triggers on double guns are the dumbest thing going. If you feel like you must have one. Make sure to keep Dans number handy and hope he is willing to fix it WHEN it malfunctions. He would be the best option for the time being.
,Brian Dudley