Gobble Gobble

Use this forum to post pictures of hunting with your Fox.
Lowcountry

Gobble Gobble

Post by Lowcountry »

I was gifted a Fox Sterlingworth last year (I think I posted pics last February) and decided to used it for turkeys this year. I’ve never owned or shot a double until I got this Fox, but am in love with this gun. Light as a feather to carry and with Full/Full chokes I figured it would be good for turkeys. I shot some different loads through it (it does kick pretty good - lol) before the season and it patterned OK. Obviously not like a modern after market extra full choke, but I figured good enough If I could get a turkey close enough. (Side note - this Fox would make a GREAT duck gun! I might have to start duck hunting. Lol)

Anyway, long story short, I was able to get a Turkey close enough this morning and the Fox did its job. The bird never even flopped!
Attachments
A52B1D06-321E-48AF-B939-5230F82837FF.jpeg
44whiskey

Re: Gobble Gobble

Post by 44whiskey »

good on you Lowcountry,great pic, thanks for posting ,Fred :wink:
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Congratulations, and great picture.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Congrats. I miss my days of Turkey hunting. Had a great farm outside of Winchester Va where I was the only one who turkey hunted. Turkey hunting was pretty good. The Fox got a nice workout almost every year. Sadly that farm was sold last year and bingo my turkey hunting days in Va were over. Was great while it lasted.
Attachments
abbygun.jpg
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Lowcountry,
Congrats on that fine gift and your first Tom with a Fox!! These old doubles are addictive and are a blast to chase Turkey with. Thanks for sharing!!
Regards - Foxnut