Fox Specific Events at Hausmanns 2023

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
brushbuster

Fox Specific Events at Hausmanns 2023

Post by brushbuster »

Hello All,
Will there be any Fox shooting events at Hausmanns this year?
I'm trying to fill out the schedule and I'm thinking of going up on Friday and was planning on shooting 20 Ga , 12 Ga and maybe 16 Ga if I have time.

Thanks for your time
Dennis
Jeff S

Re: Fox Specific Events at Hausmanns 2023

Post by Jeff S »

Daryl always posts the specifics. Bo-whoop (primarily 12 ga.), baby Bo-whoop, Letterman (single barrel) and upland challenge (guns weighing 6 lbs. 12 oz. or less).
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Fox-Lefever Challenge should be there too.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Mike of the Mountain wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:13 am Fox-Lefever Challenge should be there too.
Good point. Thanks Mike. $5 says Fox takes it this year. 😁
TOOL MAN

Post by TOOL MAN »

FYI: Upland Challenge ran as a concurrent to September's Vintage Cup event, not at Ernie's June shoot.
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

👍
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Jeff S wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:08 am Daryl always posts the specifics. Bo-whoop (primarily 12 ga.), baby Bo-whoop, Letterman (single barrel) and upland challenge (guns weighing 6 lbs. 12 oz. or less).

The Bo-Whoop, Baby B-W and WC Letterman SBT events are not Fox specific although the high shooter with a Fox shotgun gets special recognition at the B-W and Letterman, but not at the Baby B-W. At least that's how it's been. The Fox Team at the Fox/Lefever Challenge is supposed to be comprised of annual and Life members and of course all use A H Fox shotguns, but over recent years 60% of the team makeup (3 of 5 shooters) has been done by random draw. That setup isn’t typical for competitive shooting events or any sports competitions for that matter, and it doesn't compute with some members who balk at trying out for the Fox Team. To each his own but I sure hope that's looked at for 2023. frank
Last edited by Silvers on Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aan
brushbuster

Post by brushbuster »

Thanks all much appreciated.
brushbuster

Post by brushbuster »

Apologies one more question what day is the Fox Lefever challenge typically held?
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

in the recent past, the "qualification" was to shoot the course with a Fox gun (50 birds) and turn in your first time score at the Fox tables. Same with those shooting Lefevers. That on Friday or first thing on Saturday morning and no later than a certain time. Then the teams were selected as previously described and the F/L shootoff was in the afternoon at something like 2 pm. All this from memory as best I recall. I've not been personally involved since the 40/60 concept was initiated.

I presume the 2023 guidelines will be posted by the Fox lead person as the time gets shorter. frank

EDIT on April 1 - not enough java before writing and I goofed up on the qualification procedure. in 2022 the F/L qualification was done on the 5-stand, not by shooting a 50 bird course as it was in 2021. Sorry for any confusion that may have caused.
Last edited by Silvers on Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aan
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

F/L challenge is slated for Sat. afternoon. I'll post all the events, rules and selection process later next month. Anyone wishing to comment or suggest changes to this event please feel free to PM me. I'm always looking for volunteers and most of all shooters for the challenge event. No suggestion is stupid so get out now and tune up your clays skill. You need not be a master class shooter, just a shooter who loves to shoot his FOX. Daryl
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
TOOL MAN

Post by TOOL MAN »

I may be wrong, but I thought at the behest of Team Lefever the qualifier was a round of Five-Stand, not the 50-bird course as it is in the Fox/Parker shoot?

Daryl and I have discussed increasing the score/draw percentage in the Challenge Team selection process to 60/40. Top three scores automatically qualify, with spots 4 and 5 filled by random draw. IMO, true competitors have little regard for 4th place honors. Think Olympics and horse racing. Gold, silver and bronze, win, place and show, respectively. Me thinks this may be the magic formula.
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

Mike of the Mountain wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:13 am Fox-Lefever Challenge should be there too.
Isn’t there a manufactures team deal on the main event Saturday ?
Parker’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm’s and my family in the Philippines :!:
Mike of the Mountain

6pt-sika wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:13 pm
Isn’t there a manufactures team deal on the main event Saturday ?
Craig, you have to mark your scorecard for what manufacturer's gun you are shooting. HHHSC then takes the top 4 or 5 scores from that manufacturer for a team total and the highest team is the winner. Each shooter that has his/her score used for the team is added to the plaque in the registration building.
Mike of the Mountain

TOOL MAN wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:04 pm I may be wrong, but I thought at the behest of Team Lefever the qualifier was a round of Five-Stand, not the 50-bird course as it is in the Fox/Parker shoot?

Daryl and I have discussed increasing the score/draw percentage in the Challenge Team selection process to 60/40. Top three scores automatically qualify, with spots 4 and 5 filled by random draw. IMO, true competitors have little regard for 4th place honors. Think Olympics and horse racing. Gold, silver and bronze, win, place and show, respectively. Me thinks this may be the magic formula.
The whole idea of the team vs team was to determine the best team for that year. Most of us would prefer to have the top five shooters on the line and not have to rely on a random draw being one of those top five shooters. We've gone over this so often, we can stop beating that dead horse. See y'all next week.