A.H. Fox AE grade 12ga ejectors 1905?Ser#103

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Winston

A.H. Fox AE grade 12ga ejectors 1905?Ser#103

Post by Winston »

Trying to get more information concerning my grandfathers shotgun. It is a dbl. barrel 12ga with auto ejectors. I do have pictures but would like an idea if this is something to delve into more throughly. Blueing intact on barrels stock in very good shape not sure if full chocked or not. Has been very well care for.
fox-admin
Site Admin

Re: A.H. Fox AE grade 12ga ejectors 1905?Ser#103

Post by fox-admin »

Try here: https://www.foxcollectors.com/fox-gun-g ... -directory

If the gun is serial #10 it was made with extractors as it was made before Fox offered ejectors, it may have gone back to the factory at a later time to be fitted with ejectors. Please post pictures.
Researcher

Re: A.H. Fox AE grade 12ga ejectors 1905?Ser#103

Post by Researcher »

Craig may or may not be correct about how early ejectors were available. Serial number 35 has the A.H. Fox & G.A. Horne ejectors, though my personal opinion is that neither set of barrels currently with it are the ones it started life with. But serial number 104 is an ejector gun that looks original to my eyes --
104 A 03.jpg
with the A.H. Fox & G. A. Horne ejectors.

Serial number 106 has surfaced but it has been seriously reworked with the 1911-style F.T. Russell ejectors and sports Savage Chicopee Falls barrels.

Eagerly awaiting pictures of #103.
Share the knowledge