Page 1 of 1
Stoeger Imported Sarasqueta Zephyr 10
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:12 pm
by ROMAC
I was wiping down a few guns and getting them put away till next year.
I've had this Stoeger Imported Sarasqueta Zephyr 10 gauge for a long time.
The engraving is a bit rudimentary but I like it. Its' a hard hitter for sure when I do my part.

Re: Stoeger Imported Sarasqueta Zephyr 10
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:23 pm
by Silvers
Nice gun Roger. Thanks for sharing. By and large it seems that 10-gauge double guns are way under appreciated by armchair experts and those who never hunted heavier game with a good one. frank
Re: Stoeger Imported Sarasqueta Zephyr 10
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:44 pm
by ROMAC
Thanks Frank.
I try to use it at least once a year and I've thought of selling it occasionally but I can't see the logic in it until I run out of my almost lifetime supply of Bismuth 2's, 4's and BB's.

.
Re: Stoeger Imported Sarasqueta Zephyr 10
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:17 pm
by eightbore
The "Thunderbird" model, $228 in the late 50's. A great waterfowler.
Re: Stoeger Imported Sarasqueta Zephyr 10
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:50 pm
by Sporrns
In the first real waterfowl hunting club I joined in the early 1970s, one member shot a 10 ga. AYA 3 1/2" Mag. with 32" barrels. It was his only waterfowl gun and he really knew how to use it. We primarily shot Canada geese out of pits but also had 2 water blinds where we had chances at ducks in addition to the big Canadas. He made some spectacular long shots on geese, but when we hunted the water he always brought a couple of boxes of 2 7/8" #4s for the ducks. He was the only person I ever knew who used a 10 ga. on ducks and he was really good with it pass shooting. He found a stash of 1950s paper 10 ga. 2 7/8" shells, Winchester or Western I believe, in a hole-in-the-wall sporting goods store that was going out of business. I think he bought 2 or 3 of the old style 20-box cardboard cases for pennies on the dollar. The store owner told him, "Haven't sold a box of these in years; nobody ever shoots 10s any more, so I'm glad to see them go!" Kevin
Re: Stoeger Imported Sarasqueta Zephyr 10
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:23 pm
by ROMAC
Sporrns,
I had a chance to buy a full 20 box case of 2 7/8 inch 4's a few years ago before Covid for $800 plus shipping but passed because I never thought RST would stop making the the short tens.
Still a lot of $$$ but I regret it some times. If they were 6's or 7.5's I probably would have bought them.