WORN EJECTORS EARLY STYLE CE

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
J. A. Early

WORN EJECTORS EARLY STYLE CE

Post by J. A. Early »

Gentlemen,
The ejector parts in the forend of my early model CE are worn and do not work correctly. One ejects weakly and the other fires the shell into the breech face before it can clear.
Is this something that one will never locate the parts for? Should I just give up and disable them, or just let them not work correctly?

Thanks.
Silvers

Re: WORN EJECTORS EARLY STYLE CE

Post by Silvers »

Apparently nothing came up from your inquiry post on the Parker site. Parts for the first style Fox & Horne ejector system are extremely hard/impossible to find but it's possible you don't need any and anything worn or broken can be fixed. Must be evaluated with gun in hand of course but it sounds like a weak spring on the one side, and a timing issue on the other side. Even if an ejector sear or ejector hammer has to be renewed with microwelding, or made from scratch, that's not an issue for a competent Foxsmith with a precision welding source and precision machine tools. Any part made in the past can be duplicated with expertise and tooling. I do all my own ejector work but I don't have a 01 FFL and can't receive guns shipped to for repair (must have the complete gun in hand) and hence I can't fix it for you. Nor can I recommend anyone because, again, I'm mostly self taught on Foxes and never used an ejector 'smith. However I'd be happy to inspect/evaluate it for you if you'll be at the Northeast SxS at Hausmann's in June. Meanwhile and hopefully, another member will step up with a recco based on having the F&H style ejectors fixed on his Fox. frank
Aan
J. A. Early

Re: WORN EJECTORS EARLY STYLE CE

Post by J. A. Early »

Frank,

Thanks for the reply. Having given up on finding replacement parts we are currently having the worn parts micro welded up and fitted by a very competent gunsmith. I had hoped to have it in hand for the end of dove season in January but September is right around the corner.