Holiday Fun Stuff at Rock Mountain!

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
Mike of the Mountain

Holiday Fun Stuff at Rock Mountain!

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Santa Clays has arrived and delivered two shoots for your Christmas and New Year fun.

Sunday, December 18 we will host a "Clays For Christmas" SxS shoot. This is not a tournament, just a fun day to gather with your friends and shoot your favorite double-gun. Just for those shooting SxS guns that day, we will have seasonal home made goodies (nut roll, poppy seed roll, kiffles, etc...) and maybe even some of Mike's famous chili. Regular shooting fees for members and non-members apply. Shooting will begin at 9:00 and end when the last of the doubles is off the course.

Sunday, January 1, we host the "Ring In The New Year" shoot. This is a fun shoot, very SxS friendly. The event will be Super Sporting. You will shoot traps A-B, B-C, A-C around the course for a total of 102 targets, 6 targets on each station (17 stations). Cost is $40 and includes a pork & kraut and PA Dutch potato filling lunch for all pre-registered shooters. There will be Lewis Class and Looney Lewis cash options and a custom blue stone trophy for the HOA shooter. Shooting begins at 9:00 and the last squads must be on the course by 1:00. Call or email the lodge to preregister and reserve your lunch.
Silvers

Re: Holiday Fun Stuff at Rock Mountain!

Post by Silvers »

Sunday the 18th is here. A nice balmy 25-degrees right now and it's headed up into the lower 30's by 10-ish. A little crust on the snow and the ice cleats will be on my boots. I'll be fielding my Fox 12g CE "Matilda"; I thought about taking a Parker but the constant warnings about "old dry brittle" wood by Parker aficionados got me to thinking I might better reserve the Parkers for summertime. Hahaha ...... :lol: frank
Aan
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Have fun Frank. Tell Klondike, Sam and Tad to have a great Christmas and New Year, you and your family too. If the Rock was within an hour and a half drive time I'd be there with my cleats on.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Frank, have fun and be careful on the ice. 👍
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

HO HO HO!!!!!