Fox Sterlingworth 16 gauge

Post your questions or seek advise regarding gunsmithing, restoration, repairs, ballistics, etc, etc.
Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
vaturkey

Re: Fox Sterlingworth 16 gauge

Post by vaturkey »

JAH1018

Post by JAH1018 »

Thank you
Woodcocker

Post by Woodcocker »

If it is not too late for the load question, I reload 16 using the 2 3/4 Cheddite cases from Ballistic Products in Mn and their 16 gauge field wad made by Garlandi I think in Italy. You buy these cases primed and then you need to use a little tool to make the primer holes tighter for reloading with US primers when you come to reload them. My powder is Unique and I load 1 oz of shot with this, using an overshot wad to help settle the crimp. I have loaded hundreds of shells this way with anywhere from 6 to 9 shot. A nice mild load in my 5.14 oz CE. If you want to PM me I can give you exact charge of Unique. My own feeling is given the impossibility of getting any RST right now, chambers should be opened to 2 3/4 to make life simpler. These BPI loads are excellent shooters and easy to make. Good luck.