Page 1 of 1

Pistol Grip Medallion

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:17 pm
by ICDeer
I need the cap that goes onto the pistol grip. I'm new to being a Fox Sterlingworth owner and may not know the correct name of the part I need. Thanks

Re: Pistol Grip Medallion

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:48 pm
by jolly bill
ICDeer wrote: ↑Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:17 pm I need the cap that goes onto the pistol grip. I'm new to being a Fox Sterlingworth owner and may not know the correct name of the part I need. Thanks
ICDeer,

As you described it above, you need a pistol grip cap.

I'm sorry I can't help you but reproductions, and some originals, are available - ebay, etc.

They are unmarked and look like that one below (on a 20 gauge Sterlingworth).

Hope this helps.

Jolly
IMG_0448-1_1.jpg

Re: Pistol Grip Medallion

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:11 pm
by Jeff S
ICdeer, I own 4 Philadelphia era Sterlingworths. Of them 3
have the early style cap, and 1 has the later style cap.
11F324C1-483E-43C7-BE08-FE05750F9655.jpeg

Re: Pistol Grip Medallion

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:55 pm
by bbman3
Earlier one looks much better to me. Bobby

Re: Pistol Grip Medallion

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:07 am
by 44whiskey
which is early style, smooth or checkered? thanks ps a later post today showed 1934 with smooth grip cap.

Re: Pistol Grip Medallion

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:20 am
by Jeff S
44whiskey wrote: ↑Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:07 am which is early style, smooth or checkered? thanks ps a later post today showed 1934 with smooth grip cap.
The checkered cap is earlier version. The one pictured is on a 1918 20 ga. My 1923 12 ga. also has the checkered style. My 16 ga. has the smooth style and I believe that it was produced in the late 20’s.

Re: Pistol Grip Medallion

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:04 pm
by Researcher
Just to play Devel's Advocate, the very earliest Sterlingworths came with this grip cap --
Grip Cap.jpg
Grip Cap.jpg (28.46 KiB) Viewed 20772 times

Re: Pistol Grip Medallion

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:40 am
by vaturkey
Do you need a small bore grip cap or a 12 gauge? Far as I know they are different sizes.

Re: Pistol Grip Medallion

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:40 pm
by ICDeer
12 gauge with a 135276 serial number