Double Gun Journal -Sad News

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Stan Hillis

Re: Double Gun Journal -Sad News

Post by Stan Hillis »

I'm waiting for it too, Frank.
Jim McKee

Post by Jim McKee »

still waiting
just sent an e-mail asking about status
Jim
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Well, let's look at it this way. As a past author I know the two editors worked pretty much full time to put out each quarterly issue. The last issue published was Spring 2022 and the Summer 2022 issue was almost complete when they pulled the plug. Since then there's been 6 quarters available for “full time work" to do the promised Index & Reader Volume III. If it ever materializes it aught to be a doozy. :wink: frank
Last edited by Silvers on Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aan
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

They contacted me in June about a piece I submitted and were still touting having it ready by Christmas at that time.
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

This was posted by Ken Hill on the Parker collectors site:

This is the post on Facebook.

“To all DGJ faithful,
I have had Shingles now for the past 3 weeks, so the Index 3 pre-publication order card can be expected to reach you within the next 2-3 weeks….all production work had to be held up. I had a hard case since I wasn’t diagnosed early and because of my age. The Index 3 book is more than 80% finished however and WILL be published as soon as we judge pre-publication response to the new products order card which all our final subscribers will receive within 2-3 weeks.”
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Sorry to hear about Daniel's recent bout with shingles. I do hope he gets well quickly and without any complications.

Just my personal perspectives: 80% finished at 100% effort over ~18 months extrapolates to completion about 4-5 months from now. Also, based on Dan's comment on judging pre publication order response, that sounds even a little iffy to me. Methinks I'll wait for the Index & Volume III to be published and learn about its content before I decide to pre-order one. frank
Aan
Jim McKee

Post by Jim McKee »

Received a reply to my e-mail a short time ago
Jim:

Hi. We are hoping to send the Index & Reader III by 3/1/24 & will notify
you.

Thank you,

Heidi

The Double Gun Journal
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

I’ll order it when the pre notification card gets sent. Sounds like Mr. Cote had a rough go w/the Shingles….not fun!
Regards - Foxnut