Super Fox Serial Range?

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Jim McKee

Super Fox Serial Range?

Post by Jim McKee »

Is it known how many Super Fox Shotguns in 12 gauge were made?
Serial number range?
Thanks!
Jim
Researcher

Re: Super Fox Serial Range?

Post by Researcher »

About 950 beginning at 27800 and the highest serial number in the records is 35272.
Share the knowledge
Jim McKee

Post by Jim McKee »

Is it known how many Becker made?
Jim
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

My speculation is there is no way to know that number. Burt Becker didn't "make" them. He may have been involved in the barrel boring of some unknowable number of them.
Share the knowledge
Jim McKee

Post by Jim McKee »

Researcher,
Thank You!
Jim
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Didn't Becker, at the very least, make Bowoop #2?
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Generally speaking, Burt Becker took Sterlingworth Ejector or AE-/HE-Grades to make his guns. After the move to Utica, which as I understand it, Becker participated in for about a year, he established his business back in Philadelphia and I've heard that Savage provided him partially finished guns. He was also known to put parts together as at least at one time Becker serial number 4 had barrels serial numbered 30073 and the straight grip trigger guard from 33050 which was restocked with a pistol grip stock and a safety from its original straight grip no safety configuration when Marse Henry had it made for Nash's use on the Potomac.

I should probably quit rambling. There are others, like John Albano, who know a lot more about Becker than I do.
Share the knowledge
loggy

Post by loggy »

I have had an interest in Becker for a number of years. I appreciate the information I have received from Researcher and others. Kevin McCormack had an excellent article on Henry Bartholomew and Becker in the DGJ. Tom Kidd also had several articles in the earlier DGJ’s. I have found less than three dozen Fox guns that might be attributed to Becker. I can count the ones I have personally handled on one hand. There are certainly other members in this group that would have knowledge of other guns. Even at that I don’t think it would be a very large number. John