Page 1 of 1
Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:44 pm
by fox-admin
Found another Lefever that fits my collecting addiction. Early style C with carved breech balls and early engraving layout.
Re: Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:53 pm
by 44whiskey
135 year old beauty.amazing , proud for you

Re: Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:50 pm
by Jeff S
Beautiful engraving!
Re: Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:21 pm
by jolly bill
Another nice one Craig.
Good going.
Re: Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:44 am
by Rbishop
Very nice addition!! You sure can find them!
Re: Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:41 am
by loggy
Craig,
You certainly have good tastes in dogs, guns and decoys! John
Re: Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:58 am
by DarylC
Nice Craig. These Lefevers have been sleepers haven't they?

Re: Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:07 am
by fox-admin
Daryl: Agree, compared to Fox and Parker you get a lot for your collecting dollar in my opinion especially in the lower and mid level grade guns. They are very difficult to find in 20 and 16 gauge I have been told.
Re: Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:15 pm
by DarylC
20's are difficult to find in any makers lineup of guns but they are there if you happen to be in the right place at the right time and be willing to pull the trigger so to speak. I find they are scarcer than 16's. I was fortunate to find my H grade with the help of a good friend. Not meaning to hijack your thread Craig. I consider them elegant especially in the smallbores.
Re: Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:41 pm
by fox-admin
Daryl that is a beautiful Lefever 20ga, you have a great eye for vintage guns and 20ga vintage sxs's guns in paricular. Does anyone know why Lefevers in general seem to keep their CC beter than other vintage American SxS's??
Re: Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:43 pm
by Rbishop
Nice 20! I would like to own a 30" 20 LeFever!
Re: Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:18 pm
by DarylC
That's a good question Craig but I don't know for sure but I read an article a while back that attributes that to the composition of steel in the sideplates coupled with the mix in the coloring process. Either way they are beautiful.
Get in line Reggie. That H grade is only a 28" but if I run into two 30" Lefevers for sale at the same time I will certainly pass one on to you. Meanwhile this 28" is a dream to shoot. I'll suffer until then.

Re: Lefever C 10ga 30" circa 1887 cocking rod style
Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:30 pm
by MARSHFELLOW
Nice piece Craig.