Work-order cards

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
THT

Work-order cards

Post by THT »

Hi All - New to the site and first post; probably something you have all covered 100 times... I have an A-Grade 12 gauge with 28" Krupp barrels. Serial number puts it somewhere between 1911 - 1912, I think. In McIntosh's book, he mentions how to obtain work-order cards and provides the name and address of Roe Clark, but this was some time ago. What is the current procedure for obtaining the cards and do you think one is available for my Fox? I've also heard of Savage sending letters? What do you suggest? Thanks!
eightbore

Re: Work-order cards

Post by eightbore »

Yup, Savage is in the letter business now. Contact information is probably somewhere on this site. The AHFCA is also in the business. Join up and you get one free card copy per year.
Foxnut

Re: Work-order cards

Post by Foxnut »

Per Eightbore’s recommendation become a member and get one free look up per year. Otherwise the Savage/Fox records are now housed at the Cody Museum and. And be purchased from them. Do a search on this site for specific contact info and pricing. Welcome
Regards - Foxnut