Page 1 of 2

Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:36 am
by Drew Hause
Wonderful image

Image

A blessed 2022 to all our Fox brethren

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:35 am
by 44whiskey
great pic, thanks for posting ,wish i had those oilskins and leggins

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:16 pm
by Drew Hause
Same gentleman and gun?

Image

Possibly J.F. Kernan's model

Image

Same dogs

Image

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:20 pm
by Researcher
Great pics! Thanks Drew.

Looks to me like the older gent has an earlier C-Grade and the young man has a Sterlingworth. Magazine cover, the tip of the forearm looks Lefever Nitro Special to me.

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:18 pm
by 67galaxie
Great pictures! I am wearing a tie out from now on

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:53 pm
by jolly bill
Very nice pictures Dr. Drew.

Thank you for posting.

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:47 pm
by bbman3
Very nice! Sterlingworth is second gun.Bobby

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:31 am
by Don Ay
I had the luck of corresponding Armstrong Roberts grand son (if I remember right) Robert some years back.
Very interesting story he did a lot of commercial photography which was used back in the day for advertisements
calendars and magazine covers Etc. Robert had a interest in Barnegat sneakboxes as I do and shared some really cool 1920's vintage hunting photos he had of them from the era.
I believe he also was interested in Parkers too. I don't frequent there as much as this forum. but if I remember right he participated in the Parker forums,
Armstrong was from the Philadelphia area and frequented the Southern NJ shore areas as well as the Eastern Shore Va. as seen from some of his photos I've viewed.

From a Field & Stream magazine of mine (Im sorry but I couldn't figure how to adjust the photo to vertical)

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:51 pm
by Jim Cloninger
Very interesting, Don. Just click on the picture and it is right Any more pictures of Barnegat Bay boats?
Jim

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:12 pm
by Drew Hause
Another Fox? Distinctive safety and comb

Image

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:31 pm
by Researcher
Pretty sure the lady has a late-style Remington. No screw in the top of an Ansley H. Fox top-lever. Also, there is a space between the back of the rib extension and the top-lever on a Fox. Great picture though.

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:09 pm
by BlindRetrieve
I really like those old pictures. So many things right with them. What is the footwear situation in the first picture? Are those a leather leggin that you strapped on above your boot?

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:07 pm
by Stan Hillis
They are, indeed. I have a pair that were given me by a friend. No idea how old they are. Maybe I can get a pic of them soon.

SRH

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:07 am
by 44whiskey
Stan Hillis wrote:They are, indeed. I have a pair that were given me by a friend. No idea how old they are. Maybe I can get a pic of them soon.

SRH
would like to see a pic of those as well,have you ever worn them,fred :wink:

Re: Looks like a Fox?

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:16 pm
by Researcher
I don't have any old family pictures with folks wearing puttees or leggings. From the 1932 H & D Folsom Arms Co. catalog --
Puttees, May 1932 H & D Folsom Arms Co.jpeg
But I have many with the tall Russells you had to get up an hour early to lace up.
Sioux Lake, Oct 1931 01.jpg