Page 1 of 1

Morrison Pines Plantation

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:04 pm
by Mills
We just got back from a family quail hunt at Morrison Pines Plantation (no relation) in Moultrie, Georgia. Julia and I have been several times but this was the boys and Sherwood’s first time. All in all a great time. You are a stranger there only once and just barely that one time. I got a double with my Trojan 20.

Harry shot his grandfather’s Silver Pigeon 28 which was my father in law’s favorite gun so he gets a pass. He did take one good and clean with my VH 28. I shot a new to me VH 16, my Trojan 20 and a VH 28. Sherwood was the star of the show pointing well and retrieving even better - bringing most birds all the way to us.

I am having some Col EH Taylor right now to wash down all the cholesterol from the delicious Southern food. I really can’t recommend this place highly enough. Several members on this board have gone and they will tell you the same thing

Image


Image


Image

Re: Morrison Pines Plantation

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:25 am
by 44whiskey
the lad sure looks happy,great pics,thanks for posting :wink:

Re: Morrison Pines Plantation

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:47 am
by DarylC
That's just a great picture of Master Harry. He also has good taste in his selection of a bird gun.

Re: Morrison Pines Plantation

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:08 pm
by Jim Cloninger
Mills, great pictures, especially of your son. Looks like a perfect place for Bobwhites. Are they wild birds?
Jim

Re: Morrison Pines Plantation

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:09 pm
by Jeff S
The picture of your son is a classic.

Re: Morrison Pines Plantation

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:34 pm
by Mills
Thanks for the compliments! Leaving is the hard part.

Re: Morrison Pines Plantation

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:12 am
by Foxnut
Mills, looks like a great family adventure!! Glad Sherwood was the star of the show. Have not been on a traditional qual hunt since I lived in Florida many years ago. Hope to do one in the next couple of years post retirement! Thanks for sharing. Brett