Fox workouts 2021

Use this forum to post pictures of hunting with your Fox.
zacharysmith

Fox workouts 2021

Post by zacharysmith »

A few photos from this season in Maine and New Hampshire. Hunted my GSP Bella pretty hard. At 8 1/2" she was feeling it a bit toward the end of the season but she is in great physical shape and can take the work. She is absolutely fantastic and I can only say had one rough day of hunting all season. Between tracking, pointing and retrieving I don't think Ill have another great hunter like her. Next year a pup will be in the mix so it will be a bit different but I hope Bella's mentoring will make the pup as special as her. A few new hunting partners this year who take upland hunting as serious as myself made a couple days a bit more special as 99% of the time we hunt alone. Some over the top complements from those serious individuals who hunted their dogs with Bella stick in my mind and probably will forever. AE 16/20 and Sterly 16/20 were rotated throughout the season to give them each a shot in the action.
Attachments
A northern NH ruffy taken with a new and well known hunting partner.  A bird pointed and retrieved by Bella
A northern NH ruffy taken with a new and well known hunting partner. A bird pointed and retrieved by Bella
NH doodles
NH doodles
1st cover of the NMW's trip
1st cover of the NMW's trip
A special one as Bella worked this bird for my Buddy Pete and I.  I knocked it down on round 2 while Pete looked in astonishment.
A special one as Bella worked this bird for my Buddy Pete and I. I knocked it down on round 2 while Pete looked in astonishment.
NH doodles from yesterday with the AE 20.
NH doodles from yesterday with the AE 20.
Last edited by zacharysmith on Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
setterspell

Re: Fox workouts 2021

Post by setterspell »

What a great time! Thanks for sharing.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Does not get better then that. Sophie will be 7 next January (time flies) and a new pup will probably make an appearance. Recently lost my Golden to cancer who was Sophie's best friend and I think dogs like company and there has to be a new one in line to pass the torch to. Your Fox pictures with the Woodcock is super nice. They get the game for sure.
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

wonderful post.very nice pics,looks like great woodcock hunt. thanks for posting ps that is beautiful A :wink: double ps your jan 18 2021 post is one of my fav pics on this forum.
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Terrific post, Zach! Thanks for the pictures. Brings back memories of growing up in Minnesota. Ruffed Grouse were the 1st game birds I shot while learning to hunt with my dad. This was the 1950's and I never saw a Woodcock then!
Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Zach…looks like your Bella is very special! Great pics of the cover!!
Regards - Foxnut
zacharysmith

Post by zacharysmith »

Thanks guys, glad you all enjoyed!