Mosby and a few Doves

Use this forum to post pictures of your hunting dog.
BlindRetrieve

Mosby and a few Doves

Post by BlindRetrieve »

Mosby is my 10 month old British Lab. We did a quick morning dove hunt a few weekends ago, mostly just so I could take him out. It was good fun. He hunted quite well. I was very pleased with him finding birds in the tall grass. We need to work on the handles. There was a lot of excitement for him. Luckily only one other hunter shooting, and his dog was more steady than mine. This is my first dog in a few years. My last dog was tough to get over, and he trained me so starting over is not easy. Of course I had my previous dog before I was married or had children. Hard to tell at this stage which one I'm training better, the dog or my 4 year old. Since there were only a few doves I decided to try something new. I plucked them and cooked them whole. I got an extra bite from each leg but leaving the skin on and letting it get crispy was pretty good. They are a lot easier than plucking ducks but don't know if I would do it for a whole limit. John
IMG_5322.jpg
IMG_5325.jpg
Jim Cloninger

Re: Mosby and a few Doves

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Great pictures and Mosby is a good looking dog, I like to pluck my doves and cook them in a "dove paella". Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

fine looking dog,i have never plucked a dove,i have plucked a lot of bobwhite and thought it was worth the effort. thanks for posting and welcome to the forum
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Gorgeous dog!
loggy

Post by loggy »

Great looking dog! My son has a small red English female. Boy can she hunt. John
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Good stuff and congrats for plucking them. Lots more work but it makes a difference for sure.