Sophie in Doggie Boot Camp

Use this forum to post pictures of your hunting dog.
vaturkey

Sophie in Doggie Boot Camp

Post by vaturkey »

Every year since she was about 3 she has gone to On Point in Pa for bird dog boot camp. Really to get her in shape for the upcoming bird season. I'm not sure she learns anything new, but she sure has fun.

PS. This is a pre-released quail find. On Point put out 200 birds pre season just for dog training purposes. Mike runs a nice operation.

Double PS. Mike also provides Forced Fetch training if needed. Sophie got a taste of that last year and it made a big difference.
Attachments
IMG_2675.jpg
Jim Cloninger

Re: Sophie in Doggie Boot Camp

Post by Jim Cloninger »

When is she coming home, Tom?
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

fine looking girl,love last years pic in passenger seat of your truck headed to training camp.44whiskey ps how is gracie. does she miss sophie or does she like your undivided attention.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Jim Cloninger wrote:When is she coming home, Tom?

Jim I pick her up on 2 October. Lord Willing we are headed to Michigan 9 October for a week. She will be in better shape then me.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

44whiskey wrote:fine looking girl,love last years pic in passenger seat of your truck headed to training camp.44whiskey ps how is gracie. does she miss sophie or does she like your undivided attention.

Gracie misses her. They have some fun together playing king of the deck in the back yard.

PS. Below is a pic of the drop off this year. She was excited to be there. Ran up to Mike (the owner) who was on a 4Wheeler and proceeded to jump in his lap and lick his face. She is a PIA in the house, but she is 100 percent all bird dog.

Double PS. This was a non-shaving day. Have a lot more of those now that I'm retired.
Attachments
20210902_095355.jpg