Mainspring Follower for Ejector gun

This forum is to be used to post A.H. Fox Gun parts and pieces from orphaned guns you own or you are searching for. This forum is NOT to be used to sell ANYTHING including complete guns or gun parts. This forum is NOT a marketplace but a bulletin board. All contacts between individuals are to be made through the forum PM system. No prices are to be posted. The main intent here is to marry parts with the original gun and to celebrate that reunion.
IOwnDoubles

Mainspring Follower for Ejector gun

Post by IOwnDoubles »

Hi,
New to the forum. I have a Fox Sterlingworth 12 ga Ejector that the finish is not so good, but it shoots great.I enjoy shooting clays with it, maybe I will take it out after ducks this next season. I sent it to Buck Hamlin for some preservation. It shoot nice, and the ejectors still work. In disassembling it Buck has found one of the Mainspring followers is in bad shape, even though the ejectors still work. I have searched everywhere for a part.

Pumpkin Mountain Gunshop has a note on their website that the business is closed, but that the Original Parts Resource remains intact in its entirety". I don't know what that means. (Heck, I might want to buy it and set up my own website)

Does anybody have this part for sale? or know a machinist who would make this part? Also Buck needs another one (16 or 20 ga) for another gun he has in the shop.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is my first Fox, (don't shoot me, I have been an LC Smith guy :D LOL)

Thanks is advance

Jerry
Silvers

Re: Mainspring Follower for Ejector gun

Post by Silvers »

A worn mainspring follower can cause no end of mysterious kick-off problems in A H Fox guns with the 2nd style Russell patent ejectors. That of course for those of us who actually shoot our Foxes. A skilled machinist could make the follower if he had access to advanced machine tools and heat treat equipment. Last resort so to speak. I have three new old stock extra followers beyond what I might need for spares: (two) 12 gauge to be sold as a set for ejector conversion of an extractor gun, and (one) 16/20. It's against the rules to buy/sell here in the public forums but if interested send me a PM. They will be expensive. :roll: frank

EDIT on May 18 - the three mainspring followers I had have been sold. .
Aan