custom foxes

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox custom project or share information about custom projects. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Stan Hillis

Re: custom foxes

Post by Stan Hillis »

Thanks for the bottom shot, 44. It's pretty.
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

Stan Hillis wrote:Thanks for the bottom shot, 44. It's pretty.
you are welcome
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

The more I look at these pictures, the more I like it. Very nice engraving. I notice that you’re from Texas. What’s your game down there? Quail?
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

Jeff S wrote:The more I look at these pictures, the more I like it. Very nice engraving. I notice that you’re from Texas. What’s your game down there? Quail?
again thank you for kind words. quail were once plentiful here but imported fire ants wiped them out.texas mostly private land and canned quail hunts are about only option .doves are about only shotgun quarry available locally.woodcock are here in small numbers .hardly anyone hunts them and i hope to give them a try next season.this girl is choked .012 and .004 so i dont understand duck engraving unless it was done prior to barrels being cut.factory card shows full and improved cyl. all the best 44whiskey
Double O

Post by Double O »

That’s something to be proud of!
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

thank you double o.i am proud of this shotgun.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

A setter with two ducks engraved on the receiver. Has to be a story there for sure. Unless perhaps that dog is a Golden Retriever instead of a setter.
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

vaturkey wrote:A setter with two ducks engraved on the receiver. Has to be a story there for sure. Unless perhaps that dog is a Golden Retriever instead of a setter.
very well could be golden retriever.that makes more sense.i was hoping you might recognize someones work shed some light on guns past. all the best 44whiskey
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

44whiskey wrote:
vaturkey wrote:A setter with two ducks engraved on the receiver. Has to be a story there for sure. Unless perhaps that dog is a Golden Retriever instead of a setter.
very well could be golden retriever.that makes more sense.i was hoping you might recognize someones work shed some light on guns past. all the best 44whiskey
Looked at the pics again this morning and perhaps the engraver signed his name below the dog on the bottom part of the receiver on the right side. Seem to see something there. Good magnifying glass might help. Or perhaps I'm seeing things. Can't be seen on the pic just with the dog, but one of the other pics of the profiles seems to show a signature of some type. As a person who has had two Goldens I think that is a Golden on the bottom and not a setter.
Attachments
abbygracieforever.jpg
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

tom,i believe you are correct. is that abby on the left,i see a figure in one pic that looks like the number 9 but it is not present on the gun ,maybe lint. i checked with magnifying glass. thanks for response.all the best 44 whiskey
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

44whiskey wrote:tom,i believe you are correct. is that abby on the left,i see a figure in one pic that looks like the number 9 but it is not present on the gun ,maybe lint. i checked with magnifying glass. thanks for response.all the best 44 whiskey
That is Abby on the left. Passed away at age 14. Gracie is now 12 and her hunting days are over, but she still will play fetch in the backyard (did it this morning). I switched to a pointing breed after I lost my duck hunting spot nearby which now has 750K houses all around the lake. Abby was the one that inspired the Abby Gun. The following pic is her on the bottom of the gun in the white after engraving. She hunted birds from Maine to Montana. Wonderful hunting dog and amazingly smart. "Timmy in the well" smart as they say.
Attachments
abbygunbottom.jpg
abbygunbottom.jpg (101.22 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

wood shot
Attachments
IMG_0647.JPG
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

abby gun true work of art. as are 20 and 16 ga, i see 20 ga restocked sterly seems to be going afield quite a bit. i sure would like to see all of them in one post sometime. all the best 44whiskey
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

hihaven wrote:Yes very nice gun!
thank you for that compliment hihaven
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

i did not mean to bump this thread. i was trying to figure out what what the rolling text indicated in circle at thread icon. sorry :oops: how does one unbump a topic