Body Booting on the Susquehanna Flats with a Super Fox!!

Use this forum to post pictures of hunting with your Fox.
vaturkey

Re: Body Booting on the Susquehanna Flats with a Super Fox!!

Post by vaturkey »

Sporrns wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:48 pm For those that don't want to stand in freezing water, true sinkbox shooting is still legal in Canada (Quebec and Nova Scotia come to mind) for those that want to try it. I am up for it and want to try our Quebec outfitter that we used for 10 years for regular blind and marsh shooting. Got to get out AMONGST them! Kevin
Probably 15 years ago I hunted out of pit blind in Loudoun County Va for Canadians late in the season. Took a bit getting used to, but goodness I think there were 4 of us and we all shot our limits in about 30 minutes. Essentially two waves of Canadian's in over a 30 minute period and it was hammer time. Still remember the guides two Chocolate Labs eating one of the Geese that had been thrown in the back of the pit blind. He fed both of those dogs goose liver as a treat and well, they just didn't apparently want to wait for the birds to be cleaned.

PS. That was my last guided hunt. The fellow who was the guide was a local Sherriff and retired to Florida and is now a fishing guide. Regarding that Pit Blind, those birds had no idea we were there until they were about 15 yards away and the guide said "Take em". It was pretty much a slaughter.
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

When everything is right with the birds and weather, body booting is unbelievable. It compares to laying in the decoys in a corn field.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
badassgriffs

Post by badassgriffs »

Great pics I typically hit the flats every year but this year it seemed like the birds never got there in big numbers. Congrats on a great hunt.