How long have you been collecting/shooting Foxes?

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
kgb

Re: How long have you been collecting/shooting Foxes?

Post by kgb »

As far as the collecting part of this all goes, I couldn't imagine collecting just Foxes. They're just part of a collection of American-built shotguns to me and the Lefever will hold the greater fascination among them.
Bore, n. Shotgun enthusiast's synonym for "gauge" ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast." - Ed Zern
Brian

Re: How long have you been collecting/shooting Foxes?

Post by Brian »

More than 20 years. Started out with a 20 Ga Sterly. then a 12 Ga Ejector pin gun in about 90% orig con. Of course I sold it. last one I sold that I regretted and still dont know why I even put it out for sale was a 32" Sterly Trap in 12 Ga with better than 95% case color, 98%+ orig. blue and 98% wood. A closet queen.
but there are some of everything from a Sterly to SW S&U toSPE's to CE's and everythign in between, many shapes and sizes.
Brian
LTC, IN, USAR
Back in the land of the big PX
Life Member A.H. Fox Gun Collectors Assoc
President For Life- Southwest Asia Chapter AHFGCA