Prayers for "1SGTMosteller "

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Mike of the Mountain

Re: Prayers for "1SGTMosteller "

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Sarge, prayers coming for you and all involved.
Twice Barrel

Post by Twice Barrel »

Top this is devastating news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

So so sorry to hear about your health issues, we are all fighting with you and praying for a good outcome. Craig
Mills

Post by Mills »

Awful news. Thinking of you . . . .
NJdblgun

Post by NJdblgun »

Best Wishes Sergeant. We never met at the Pintail Point Vintage Cup, but sounds like you are a great guy. Hang in there, we're rooting for you
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Prayer for you buddy. Been a pleasure PMing back on forth on Foxes and talking about all the nice guns you were bringing back from Japan.
1SG Mosteller

Post by 1SG Mosteller »

My doctor rescheduled my amputation till Tuesday then he released me for the weekend so I could unpack my guns that were shipped from Japan! Dr. Forseberg is a gun guy! All unpacked and put away! Really enjoyed playing with guns!
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

1SG Mosteller wrote:My doctor rescheduled my amputation till Tuesday then he released me for the weekend so I could unpack my guns that were shipped from Japan! Dr. Forseberg is a gun guy! All unpacked and put away! Really enjoyed playing with guns!
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself !
Parker’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm’s and my family in the Philippines :!:
George Lander

Post by George Lander »

I just spoke with David and he sounded very upbeat. His surgery is scheduled for 9 AM EST tomorrow (Tuesday) He will begin chemo & get his prosthesis in about two weeks when his leg has healed. We talked about Fox guns and about him coming to the Southern in the spring. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow morning.

Best Regards, George
"Therefore, never send to know for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee"......John Donne
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

Had a phone conversation a couple hours ago with the Sarge !

Seems his prognosis has gotten somewhat better although by no means out of the woods .

Think I might be getting together with him in a few weeks in Fredricksburg for lunch .
Parker’s , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm’s and my family in the Philippines :!:
1SG Mosteller

Post by 1SG Mosteller »

Just a little update, my first chemo session went ok, feel a little icky today, but I'm continuing to fight this and have 5 more sessions to go! Even going through all this, some how I purchased yet another Fox, one I bided on an auction site that I had forgotten about! I think I need the chemo to stop the buying of Fox shotguns!
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

What a great attitude you have, Sarge. God bless you.

Stan
Brian

Post by Brian »

I visited 1ST Mosteller at Walter Reed on Friday the 21st. we had a good visit, talked about Fox guns the entire time. He is doing well for his circumstances. I wont go into it anymore, that's for him to say or not say. He and I served together in the same unit in Afghanistan in 2002-2003. First time I saw him since then.
Brian
LTC, IN, USAR
Back in the land of the big PX
Life Member A.H. Fox Gun Collectors Assoc
President For Life- Southwest Asia Chapter AHFGCA
6pt-sika

Post by 6pt-sika »

The good Sarge stopped by the shop last Thursday .

He was in very good spirits and all things considered looked very well !
TOOL MAN

Post by TOOL MAN »

That's GREAT news!! Thanks for the updates Brian and 6PT. "Sarge" is obviously one tough, Son-of-a BIT** and a truly devoted Fox fan!! We sincerely hope the holidays will offer a respite from his grueling ordeal.
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....