This ole Fox will hunt!

Use this forum to post pictures of hunting with your Fox.
Wild Wings

This ole Fox will hunt!

Post by Wild Wings »

This morning I was able to make it out for a hunt at my lake blind and I brought my 1911 Sterlingworth along for my first ever hunt with a side by side.

I decided to be a little picky since the bismuth ammo is a little on the pricey side so I slowly picked away at the ducks until the big ducks quit flying. It's a beautiful sunny day here today with zero wind. Not exactly ideal waterfowl hunting conditions ,especially with the early season local birds. But any day out hunting beats a day at work, right? I was waiting on Mallards but decided to finish up on some Teal and call it a morning.

Since I was duck hunting I didn't put any goose decoys out but I was able to call a flock right into the hole and just as their feet were touching the water I shot the first once but only grazed the second one and it managed to make it a couple hundred yards out in the lake before crashing down dead in the water. It was stuck in some weeds and not going anywhere so I left it there until my hunt was over. When I waded out to get it I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was sporting some iron of its own! My lucky day!

The goose was a female banded near Olene in Klamath County Oregon. My lucky day!

Wild Wings
Wild Wings

Re: This ole Fox will hunt!

Post by Wild Wings »

I'm having some troubles posting the pictures. I'm not the best on the computer.

Wild Wings.
Wild Wings

Post by Wild Wings »

Ah, files were too big.

Wild Wings
Attachments
20240902_112651(0).jpg
20240902_112639-1.jpg
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Tremendous hunt and nice pictures. We’ll need those in the Neesletter.
44whiskey

Post by 44whiskey »

thanks for post and pics,great first hunt with SxS :wink: PS holy cow, what a string of bands,how many years ago was your first banded bird?
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Wow! Looks like you shot that Fox SxS well! Great way to start the season! Nice collection of bands as well!
Regards - Foxnut
Wild Wings

Post by Wild Wings »

Thank you guys, it was a great day. I had a little trouble with the double triggers but it worked out well. I believe I shot my first banded bird back in 1991. I've been a waterfowl junkie my whole life.

Wild Wings