More Duck Call Stuff

Use this forum to post pictures of hunting with your Fox.
MKB

More Duck Call Stuff

Post by MKB »

Pertaining to the post about AH Fox duck calls including articles about Dudley Faulk duck calls. The first calls made by Clarence (Patin) Faulk in the mid 1930's were cane (bamboo) calls. They had a single reed made of metal. His son, Dudley worked with his father making canes with a few wood and some of the first plastics. I knew Dudley casually and most of the time he was in the garage turning calls.To me the cane calls were the best. They were easy to tune and easy to blow once you figured out how to hold them. To this day you can still buy the cane calls but they just are not the same quality. Plastic calls with double and triple plastic reeds sound good but in Southwest Louisiana along the gulf coast marshes and rice fields the double reeds will choke after a half hour or so. You have to dry between the reeds for them to work properly. I have used Faulk calls since the 1970's and if I had to choose it would be canes along with a Sterly 12 with 30" IC/LM chokes. Pics and more text will be coming later. Kent Barras(MKB).