Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox
Greyfox

Post by Greyfox »

I just joined the forum, and excited to be a member. Acquired my 12 ga, BE grade(1915) about 20 years ago. I’m an avid upland bird hunter and clay shooter.
E3D20C2E-6506-414E-A24C-9EDAD437EC14.jpeg
“How kind it is that most of us will never know when we have fired our last shot.”
— Nash Buckingham
loggy

Re: New Member

Post by loggy »

Welcome! Nice gun. Thanks for sharing. John
Maggiemollie

Post by Maggiemollie »

Welcome. Very nice looking gun.
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

The B grade is one of my favorites. Welcome and congrats. How long are the barrels?
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Welcome aboard.

I've often thought that if I had life to live over, I'd have concentrated my Ansley H. Fox collecting to Gough-style B-/BE-Grades.
Share the knowledge
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Welcome to the group. Those B grades always seem to have nice wood. Love the engraving. I hope you show us pictures with some game next Fall. Any chance that you’ll be attending the Fox events in the near future?
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

Welcome Greyfox.

Nice gun and very nice photography.

You're from the Northeast - you might consider going to the Northeast Shoot at (Ernie) Hausmann's Hidden Hollow in Friendsville PA June 1, 2 and 3. That's a Thursday, Friday and Saturday. You will enjoy it.

Jolly
Rbishop

Post by Rbishop »

Beautiful Fox! Thanks for posting!
Greyfox

Post by Greyfox »

DarylC wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:44 pm The B grade is one of my favorites. Welcome and congrats. How long are the barrels?
Thanks!
It has 28” #4 barrels. Chokes: skeet/IC. Total weight 7 pounds, Manuf. 1915
“How kind it is that most of us will never know when we have fired our last shot.”
— Nash Buckingham
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Thanks Greyfox. With #4 barrels she sounds like a perfect upland gun.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

My Gough style B-Grade is also has 28-inch, 4-weight, Krupp barrels bored Imp. Cyl. & Imp. Mod. They measure .009" & .031".

It was a bit rough when I got it from Stan Baker. The late Bill Harvey freshened it up.
21474 04 12-ga B-Grade right.JPG
Share the knowledge
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

I've got a pair in 16 & 12 gauge. The 12 has a spectacular stick of walnut.

The 16 was paired with its consecutively serial numbered mate for a reunion at Hausman's a few years ago that led to an article in the Double Gun Journal Volume 27, Issue 4 “Chances Are”----A Rare A.H. Fox Reunion, pg. 112, authored by our very own Steve Cambria, AKA "Toolman". Both guns were bought out of obscurity within weeks if not days of each other several hundred miles apart.

It was fun to bring them together, I should have bought the other one. It ended up getting sold shortly thereafter.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
TOOL MAN

Post by TOOL MAN »

ROMAC wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:09 pm The 16 was paired with its consecutively serial numbered mate for a reunion at Hausman's a few years ago that led to an article in the Double Gun Journal Volume 27, Issue 4 “Chances Are”----A Rare A.H. Fox Reunion, pg. 112, authored by our very own Steve Cambria, AKA "Toolman". Both guns were bought out of obscurity within weeks if not days of each other several hundred miles apart.

Good God, I will never forget that phone call with Malone when he read me the serial # on his recently found, B-16!! As he was reciting the numbers, I'm starring at a sticky note on the wall with your gun's # printed in bold, black numerals. You could have knocked me over with a feather!! And all of this drama came to light in the span of four or five days!! You'd of had a better chance of finding Jimmy Hoffa!!! Once in a lifetime....

BTW....what a stick of lumber on that B-12!! Is it any wonder why Ansley couldn't keep his firm out of Chapter-11??!!
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

ROMAC wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:09 pm I've got a pair in 16 & 12 gauge. The 12 has a spectacular stick of walnut.

The 16 was paired with its consecutively serial numbered mate for a reunion at Hausman's a few years ago that led to an article in the Double Gun Journal Volume 27, Issue 4 “Chances Are”----A Rare A.H. Fox Reunion, pg. 112, authored by our very own Steve Cambria, AKA "Toolman". Both guns were bought out of obscurity within weeks if not days of each other several hundred miles apart.

It was fun to bring them together, I should have bought the other one. It ended up getting sold shortly thereafter.

Yes, you should have bought it!!! We always second guess ourselves after the fact!!
Regards - Foxnut