200371 “Slim”

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox custom project or share information about custom projects. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Fox20obsessed

Re: 200371 “Slim”

Post by Fox20obsessed »

Reassembled the forend this morning...hoping to have the whole buttstock assembly put back together by this evening and then “slim” will be pretty much complete except for a final rubdown with some renaissance wax. Anyway, here are some pics of the forend wrapped up. I would like to make a note that the one uneven edge along the forend iron was left by the duplicator...I did not over-inlet there and remove too much wood, just had to work with what I had after the wood was turned down. I think it turned out about as good as I expected it would.
-Matt
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

It's looking good Matt.
Fox20obsessed

Post by Fox20obsessed »

First off, thanks Bill! I took a few more detailed pics of the finished forend in natural light...the color of the wood in the first pics was altered by incandescent lighting. The checkering has a couple over-runs, but for what it cost me I have no complaints. IMO the quality of the work is sufficient and the price is very reasonable so the same craftsman will be checkering my budget sterly 16 wood. Waiting on the pistol grip checkering finish to cure and then I will have this thing finished...will post pics of the completed project asap.
Thanks,
Matt
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

I think its super looking. I'm looking forward to detailed pics once its all back together smacking some clays.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Looks beautiful!
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Matt, it's so nice to see a project come together and especially one that looks so good. Very nice work. I hope to see her in person at one of the upcoming events. frank
Aan
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Looks mighty good to me, Matt. They did an good job inletting that f/e escutcheon. I like the color and finish, too.

Thanks for posting the pics.

SRH
Fox20obsessed

Post by Fox20obsessed »

Guys thanks for the kind words, I’m very pleased and relieved to have this now completed. Just a recap, I did literally all of the work on this gun with the exception of the stock duplication, engraving on the escutcheon, checkering, and the choke work. All of the inletting, shaping, fitting, and finishing of the wood was completed by myself. I made all the screws that were needed for this project as well with the exception of the escutcheon screw. Shout out to Louis Rotelli for making that screw which I then fitted and blued. I also did all of the inletting, fitting, and metal prep work of the escutcheon. Stan I see you keep referring to “they” and also said that the escutcheon would be a dog to inlet...it was fairly simple and all completed by yours truly at my kitchen table not farmed out. The gun functions perfectly and now has a manual safety as I prefer. The triggers are slick as glass too and the safety slides just right. The gun locks up tight as hell and there is no play between the action and the barrels. Also, when the forend is snapped on there is no lateral movement...basically, everything turned out perfect. I rarely use that word too. All of the screws are indexed perfectly (even the ones you can’t see). Gun is now choked IC/Mod, 14”LOP with 1.5 and 2 7/8” drops. I haven’t weighed this yet but it is 6 lbs or less without a doubt. I included one pic of “slim” balancing on its hinge pin with live rounds in it to show the balance. My heart was racing during that pic for sure. Anyway, ever so slightly muzzle heavy which is also my preference and how this bad boy was before. All in all super proud of my work on this one. This project is finally something that conveys my skills properly...been working many many years to get where I’m at now. Hope you guys enjoy this post as much as I have enjoyed Enhancing this gun. I was concerned that the work I was performing could have a negative impact on the value, but the pics tell the tale.
Thanks for looking and also being part pf the journey. I appreciate all of the interest and support!
-Matt
Fox20obsessed

Post by Fox20obsessed »

More pics
Fox20obsessed

Post by Fox20obsessed »

5 more...
Thanks for looking fellas.
-Matt
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Fantastic work, Matt!
Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

Very well done Matt,

It sure turned out great.

Bill
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Had no idea you were doing all that yourself, Matt. I'm super-impressed. Thanks again for all the good pics and for the "wrap-up". I hope it provides many years of pleasure for you. As Neil Young sang, "Long may you run".

SRH
hihaven

Post by hihaven »

Very nice! something definitely to be proud of.
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

Very nice congratulations!