A New High Water Mark

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox custom project or share information about custom projects. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Researcher

A New High Water Mark

Post by Researcher »

Looks like Dewey has set a new standard for customs --

https://shootingsportsman.com/anglicizi ... e5f6ddfd86
Share the knowledge
Fox20obsessed

Re: A New High Water Mark

Post by Fox20obsessed »

Dave,
I saw that a few months ago and WOW. Dewey is truly a mechanical genius whose work never disappoints. I love his bolting mechanism, W.R. top lever design, and also his hinged cover for the forend iron/frame junction. I feel that it would be hard if not impossible for most to accomplish what he does. Glad to see this here.
Thanks,
Matt
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

I read the article last evening. Very interesting and unique work. Must be an incredible artist/Smith! Whomever ever the client was must have deep pockets as well as that is some involved work!!
Regards - Foxnut
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Post is deleted.
Last edited by eightbore on Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Dewey has such vision, and enjoys building one off designs so much, that he has said he is likely nearing the end of his business of doing repairs. Well, he actually gave a caveat to that and said, or at least being more selective in the repairs he does. I will miss him greatly if he totally stops doing repairs. I also very much appreciate his blogs that he regularly does. I can sit and read them for hours.

Best, SRH