Early Shell Boxes

Use this section to discuss Fox paper, catalog's, advertising and such.
JasonPeck

Early Shell Boxes

Post by JasonPeck »

Picked up a few early shell boxes at a local auction.

I don't know much about them.
20200104_125823.jpg
20200104_140037.jpg
AHFCA Life Member
fox-admin
Site Admin

Re: Early Shell Boxes

Post by fox-admin »

Jason nice boxes they are all quite common. Like vintage guns it's all rarity and condition. The best reference is The Encyclopedia of Shotgun Shell Boxes by Ted and David Bacyk. It is available on ebay sometimes but very expensive. The second best resource is Dave Noreen :D I would say your best box is the Pointer box. Also check Wards Collectibles Auction for comparables. I display my box collection with my decoys
Attachments
20200104_171204.jpg
20200104_171157.jpg
Foxnut

Post by Foxnut »

Jason, looks like you picked up some cool boxes! That is something I’ve never gotten into due to being completely unfamiliar w/what they are and value. Craig...great display of the decoys and shell boxes!
Regards - Foxnut
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Nice collection of ephemera.
Share the knowledge
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

fox-admin wrote:Jason nice boxes they are all quite common. Like vintage guns it's all rarity and condition. The best reference is The Encyclopedia of Shotgun Shell Boxes by Ted and David Bacyk. It is available on ebay sometimes but very expensive. The second best resource is Dave Noreen :D I would say your best box is the Pointer box. Also check Wards Collectibles Auction for comparables. I display my box collection with my decoys
Craig, I actually own The Encyclopedia of Shotgun Shell Boxes book. I have picked up the odd shell box or two at gun shows over the years. But have never done much research on them. Might be time to take a look at what I have tucked away. Same for decoys for that matter, always find one or two that I like, but don't know what I have. Nice display.
AHFCA Life Member