I couldn't let this one lay.........

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox
Sporrns

Re: I couldn't let this one lay.........

Post by Sporrns »

Yeah, Frank - there was a very cherry Savage Fox Model B-SE .410 with ejectors and vent rib at our local gun show this weekend, but the $1500 price tag I thought was a bit 'steep' (as in close to vertical). Tried to do a trade with my early standard version in .410 (DT, extractor, plain rib) thrown in with cash but got the now-standard, "Im trying to get out of them" brush-off. Kevin
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

Not a B, but here's my Stevens .410 stamped 5100. Square receiver, extractors, standard rib, F/F, double triggers and splinter forend (or as much of a splinter as Stevens ever have :D). No date code which should mean it's pre-1949. As I recall it's well under 6 pounds. Lots o' fun...

Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

One more Fox B/Stevens 311 data point. So I was at the Allentown Forks Show in October and being a member I got in on the early entry. About 10 minutes later and in the second row there was an outstanding, absolutely mint/probably unfired Stevens Model 311 410 (double triggers, extractors, plain but somewhat high rib, no serial number) and it had a $700. price tag on it. The Dealer was busy and I picked it up and quickly decided I wanted the gun. Its stock wood was unusually well figured. Then the Dealer came over and said it was already sold. That confused me as it still had the price tag attached. OK, I went around the show, talked with some people and hours later I decided to swing by the Dealer gent's table on the way out. The 410 was still on the rack with the $700. tag. So now I'm a bit skeptical and told the gent I have a C&R and I gave him a substantially higher cash offer "if his $700. deal isn't firm" . The Dealer hesitated, said he already had the $700. from someone else and declined. Here today, I'm still not sure the Stevens was sold or he was just showing it to get a feel for what it could bring.
Aan
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Just wanted to share pics of a Savage Fox Model B-ST made 1961 at the old Stevens factory in Chicopee, right before the move to Westfield. She is, I believe, unfired since made. Colors on the breech face are pristine. 16 bore with factory Mod & Full chokes that measure more like Light Mod and Improved Mod = nice combo. 28" tubes, single trigger and vent rib with twin sights, walnut stock and beavertail f/e. I have a similar Winchester Model 21 28-incher in 16 bore that feels about the same when mounted and it cost me many multiples of what I paid for this one. Yeah the 21 has a selective single trigger which I rarely switch, and I always catch the hulls in my hand so the 21 ejectors aren't a big deal to me.

Food for thought. Ha!

click to expand pics
IMG_4212-1.jpg
IMG_4213-1.jpg
Aan
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

I had a 12ga from that era; it also had a vent rib and twin sights, however mine had double triggers and a splinter forend. Probably should have kept it, but...too many guns, too little time.

Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
49packard

Post by 49packard »

29DA567C-A048-42E8-977E-EE6E9C5B14AF_1_105_c.jpeg
I owned two Fox Savage .410 Ga. S X S guns One single trigger, vent rib twin bead ejector gun and one older double trigger. single bead, extractor gun. I gave the double trigger 410 to a very
near and dear friend of mine who I have hunted with for almost 60 years now. I just wanted to note that out fathers hunted rabbits together going back to the 1940's. My father used a 16 Ga.
Sterley, 28" barrel and my Buddy Art's father used a Savage 410 Ga. 26" barrel to hunt rabbits down in Portsmouth, Jamestown and Newport RI. I tried to locate and buy back Art's Dads 410, but couldn't
find it. I just decided to give him my double trigger Savage in honor of our fathers fine hunting memories. He cried!