Super Fox

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
wraco

Super Fox

Post by wraco »

I've been reading a few threads on the Super Fox and thought I'd run mine by; it's a HE Grade with ser. # 27804. The oddity with this gun is the barrel length. I never paid much attention to it before. The barrels are 28", M/M. The muzzle appears as it should, the front site 3/8" from the muzzle. After reading some of the Super Fox threads, I'm wondering if the barrels have been cut. If it has, the work was excellent. The gun is in very good condition with mirror bores. Marked . . "barrels not guaranted - see tag". Barrels are . . "Chromox Fluid Compressed Steel". Wood is great with a fine old black Hawkins Pad. What do you all think on the barrel length?

Regards:
Rod

fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

Only a factory letter will tell you the original barrel length, however I am 99.9% certain the barrels were cut from either 30" or 32". Thanks for bringing 27804 to our attention. I will added it to our database of known SF's. Thanks Craig
DGKaas

Post by DGKaas »

I would have to agree with Craig. If you have a bore gauge, measure the length of the chokes pending a letter from John Callahan. A nice useful gun in any case.
cargie32

Post by cargie32 »

In reference to S.F. #27804 the build card indicates 30" barrels. Very nice looking gun and unless you are a good long range shot these barrels will probably be better.