Fox-Parker Challenge at VGC

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
DarylC

Re: Fox-Parker Challenge at VGC

Post by DarylC »

Jeff, that 50/50 may well be all we need. Looking forward to seeing you make the team.
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Jeff S wrote:Well this Michigander has guns, ammo and hotel reservations so I'm planning on making it. I'm just hoping that something unforeseen doesn't pop up in the next two weeks. Sometimes life gets busy, but I'm optimistic. However, it would be unfortunate if "Team Fox" had to rely on me to compete against our comrades from the Parker clan. I'm usually 50 / 50 when it comes to breaking birds at the 5 stand.
:D

Doesn't matter if you are 50/50, 60/40, 70/30......Just showing up and shooting for the organization is enough. You are showing support and never know, just might have that 1 magical round of clays?

BTW, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the Michigander!! :lol:
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Right now we are a liitle less than 2 weeks away from the FPC and I'm still uncertain how many of you here at the Fox nation are planning to attend and most importantly planning on shooting a Fox to qualify for the Challenge. If I was Dr. Cambria I'd post that iconic "I want you" poster of Uncle Sam. Here's hoping that there are few responses due to the fact that those who plan on attending don't do the internet thingy. The gauntlet has been thrown on the Parker site by a national celebrity and we must respond with equal force. veni, vidi, vici (or something like that).
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

In lieu of anyone stepping up to check on scorers, I asked Tom Snyder (Vintage Gunners President) today when I saw him at an invitational shoot, and he told me "no scorers" on the 50 bird courses. Also that the squads will be kept right at 4 persons to facilitate movement and without backup.

frank
Aan
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

I don't like not having scorers but oh well, we'll have to deal with it. The last two years here in Maryland at Hopkins they had scorers at each station. They probably could'nt find enough people up in the boonies at Ernie's.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

So I had Matilda my 1910 CE 12 bore out shooting sporting today, a warm up for the Fox-Parker qualification at the VGC. The other seven guns in our gang were modern over/unders and gas guns. Kind of lonely for her but she did just fine. :D

frank
Matilda.jpg
Last edited by Silvers on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aan
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Matilda is a fine looking lady.
Mike of the Mountain

Seeing the Parker qualification scores and the Fox qualification scores, Fox Nation has a long road ahead of them!! :lol:
Mike of the Mountain

Team Parker won the Challenge on a tough 5-Stand of 10 true pairs per shooter. Score was 78-58. 3 years in a row for Team Parker.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

You might check that Mike, as I recall it was 71 - 58. Yes, a very tough 5-stand and facing the morning sun. Our Parker friends shot very well.
Aan
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Hats off to everyone that competed in the championship. Those were tough shots.u
Mike of the Mountain

Silvers wrote:You might check that Mike, as I recall it was 71 - 58. Yes, a very tough 5-stand and facing the morning sun. Our Parker friends shot very well.
No sun in my eyes. Thought everything was very visible. If you like to "ride" targets, that made this 5-Stand tough. If you were comfortable taking some quick shots then you'd be fine. I liked the 10 true pair format. Kept the Shoot-Off moving quickly and tested your mettle. Definitely fun, especially with a 20g. 8)
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

It appears that Team Parker has recruited some of the best shots from Team Fox.
Share the knowledge
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Mike of the Mountain wrote:Seeing the Parker qualification scores and the Fox qualification scores, Fox Nation has a long road ahead of them!! :lol:
There's a new Sheriff in town M.O.M. The Fox team next year will be "stacked" with the top shooters in the Fox nation who actually shoot Ansley's creations because they have a zen like connection to the guns from Philly, not like the competition who only shoot the Meriden product once a year. :twisted: Enjoy your success because you earned it this year. Nice shooting my friend.
Mike of the Mountain

DarylC wrote:
Mike of the Mountain wrote:Seeing the Parker qualification scores and the Fox qualification scores, Fox Nation has a long road ahead of them!! :lol:
There's a new Sheriff in town M.O.M. The Fox team next year will be "stacked" with the top shooters in the Fox nation who actually shoot Ansley's creations because they have a zen like connection to the guns from Philly, not like the competition who only shoot the Meriden product once a year. :twisted: Enjoy your success because you earned it this year. Nice shooting my friend.
Well, I think there was only 1 guy on Team Parker who shoots his Parker once a year and that was Dave D. The rest of us shoot them at the Southern too vs Team LCS. Thanks for the props my friend. I do enjoy shooting that 20g. It doesn't miss too many. :roll: I hear you, Smitty and Silvers are all going to qualify with Parkers next year!! :lol: :lol: :lol: