VGC Attendees: Dust-Off those Fox Small Bores!!

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Mike of the Mountain

Re: VGC Attendees: Dust-Off those Fox Small Bores!!

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

I find it hateful that you are not including Parkers in this event!! Where's the inclusion?? Not feeling the love at all!! Maybe my Parker 20g will recognize as a pin Fox? :lol: :lol: :twisted:
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Chill out Mountain Man, we're just applying the same guidelines we (or should I say you) use for the Bo-Whoop. It's no problem getting Parkers to the line but jeesh, finding a squad of Fox shooters? I know you're kidding but somewhere there must be a smallbore Fox in the bunker. Although, you could always shoot that sweet 20ga. Parker in the FPC. :D :evil:
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Come on Mr. Klondike my friend, you can compete with a Pahkaah or any other maker (including Fox) at the Vintage Gunner's "Field Gun - 5 Stand" host event. Hey you can always borrow a nice svelte vixen for the Fox Upland Gun Championship. Not from me, few things worse than losing to your own gun. :wink:

Too bad you sold that nice 20b Sterly to Ross and then he flipped it last month. Now you're stuck with your many Crescent, N.R. Davis, Lefever and Parker guns. :lol:
Aan
arcmaster

Post by arcmaster »

WOW seems like a ton of fun! I have a commitment that weekend and would have loved to give it a try with my 20 gauge sterly!! Thanks to Frank, Daryl, and the BOD for organizing. Going to make it next year.

thanks
Mike
Mike of the Mountain

Funny, I see all those posts about custom made smallbore Fox guns being made but never see any at the events!! Daryl, there are zero, zilch, nicht, nyet, nada Fox guns in the bunker anymore. If I knew there'd be cash prizes I'd have saved at least one!! :lol: :lol:
DarylC

Post by DarylC »

Yep Mike, it's a shame that those custom smallbore Fox upgrades stay in the closet. You'd think that they would be front and center at a world class event such as the Fox Upland Gun Championship. Go figure. :?: :?: I'm sure someone reading this (if there are any) would be happy to entrust you with a Fox to participate in the FUGC. :evil: :evil: :evil: (These are the evil smilies just for you)
Owning a Fox is not a spectator sport.
Mike of the Mountain

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol: :lol:
James Wark

Post by James Wark »

Mike, about 2 weeks ago there was a 16 ga sterlingworth at Burkes gun shop, little high but maybe you can get them down a bit. But if cant find one I will have my 20 ga you can use. I will be there on Friday.
Jim
Mills

Post by Mills »

I am bringing my 16 sterlingworth
Mills

Post by Mills »

I am bringing my 16 Sterlingworth
Mike of the Mountain

I shot Tool Man's 16g SW Special. Shot very good too. Only dropped 3 birds for a 17/20, all from gun malfunctions (gun didn't go bang!!). THANKS STEVE!!!! Jimmy needs to refund your $$!! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

My buddy Jeff had a gun like that when we were kids. We called it his "Sometimes" gun!
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Mike of the Mountain wrote:I shot Tool Man's 16g SW Special. Shot very good too. Only dropped 3 birds for a 17/20, all from gun malfunctions (gun didn't go bang!!). THANKS STEVE!!!! Jimmy needs to refund your $$!! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
No whining. :roll: No doubt a hex put on Tool's 16b SW by Ansley to keep Parker/Lefever/Crescent guys from shooting well with it. :lol:
Aan
Double O

Post by Double O »

For those of us who can’t attend the Vintager’s, give us some updates and tell us what we’re missing.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Double O wrote:For those of us who can’t attend the Vintager’s, give us some updates and tell us what we’re missing.
Beautiful weather, lot’s of sxs eye candy, and good fellowship. Lot’s of shooting events. The pigeon circle is big fun.