2019 Northeast SxS (Hidden Hollow)

AHFCA lists all upcoming events on this Forum. Be sure to check back frequently to see what exciting shooting events, displays, and meeting are scheduled.
bamboozler

Re: 2019 Northeast SxS (Hidden Hollow)

Post by bamboozler »

I never realzed Tom, that some liken you to Mr. Maggoo. Here all along I've always thought you were the same guy that does the commercials for Farmer's Insurance. You know, the handsome confident fella with the line that always ends the commercial with: "We know a thing or two, because we've seen a thing or two." :D
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

bamboozler wrote:I never realzed Tom, that some liken you to Mr. Maggoo. Here all along I've always thought you were the same guy that does the commercials for Farmer's Insurance. You know, the handsome confident fella with the line that always ends the commercial with: "We know a thing or two, because we've seen a thing or two." :D
If I had that guys money I'd own a lot more Foxes. :)

PS. That nickname came from the Special Forces guys I used to work with. I was the Executive Officer (funny name for the Money Man) for a rather large unit post 9/11. Formulated budgets and twisted arms to get funds. Didn't know until much later that the guys referred to me as Mr. Magoo if they needed funds. I think he played a banker in some of his roles. I thought it was amazingly funny as we have the same amount of hair and my nose is only a tad smaller then the cartoon character's.
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

Mr. Magoo was voiced by Jim Backus, who was best known as Thurston Howell the 3rd on Gilligan's Island.

Tut, you look more like the cartoon!
Attachments
jimbackus06.jpg
jimbackus06.jpg (29.49 KiB) Viewed 4740 times
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

For those of you watching the weather in Pennsylvania: I live about 25-30 miles from HH and yesterday evening we had about 3" of rain over two hours, large hail and tornado warnings. This morning there are reports of suspect small tornadoes well southeast and west of Hidden Hollow, and nothing in Susquehanna County where HH is located. I just called Ernie and his wife said they were on the fringe of weather cells and had heavy rain and winds but no damage other than some branches on the shooting trails. All good. She also told me they've opened up the eating area for this year and will have much improved access and space there. Ma Greenley's who many of you know will be doing the food again this year.

For those planning to tent camp in the parking field - it might be prudent to bring extra air mattresses or such to stay off the ground.

frank
Last edited by Silvers on Wed May 29, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aan
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Could be another rough night tonight as well. Mother nature has been rather mean this year for sure. Did a 3 day Turkey hunt in Nebraska and saw nothing but rain all 3 days. That's about 40 hours of driving in total. Geez.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Well.... I just checked the forecast and it looks like there is a chance of showers on Thursday. Let's hope that it changes. :)
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Northeastern PA forecast as of today:

Tuesday 6/4 - sunny, high 67
Wednesday - sunny, 76
Thursday (start of the NE SxS) - cloudy, chance of showers, 76
Friday - partial sun and clouds, 75
Saturday - sunny, 77
Aan
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

2018 we set the record in PA for most rainfall for the year. That was since they started keeping records in 1901. Blew it away by at least 90". At this date this year, we are ahead of our 2018 total. Ugly storms blow in late day almost every day right now. We can have a week of no rain and the ground will still be sloppy. Campers, bring extra gear!!! Let's hope and pray we're done with the sky juice!!
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

For me, one of the benefits of attending this event is that I always pick up a few cases of shells from our friends at RST. It gives me a chance to meet the RST team, and I save the cost of shipping them to Michigan. I've been on the phone with "Chris" several times during the last few weeks and unfortunately RST seems to be out of a lot of my favorite loads. Apparently they sold quite a bit at the "Southern" have not received a much needed shipment of empty hulls. My point: bring ammo with you because you may not be able to buy what you want at the event.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

RST has always had a good inventory to start at the Northeast which is only a few miles from the loading plant. Morris has always come through. One of my shooting buds also shoots with one of the gents at the RST plant and he told me last week, that friend is working long hours.
Aan
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

I agree. Chris mentioned that they are working hard. Apparently they have been waiting for a shipment of 2 3/4 inch shells and the shipment has been delayed. She indicated that the selection of 12 ga. shells will be limited. At the moment they have 2 1/2" shells so I've purchased 3 cases. Since I don't reload, I order frequently and their service is outstanding. Unfortunately their sales have been so good that they have run low on hulls. I always support our friends at RST and will continue to do so. In fact, when I arrive Thursday morning, I'll be first in line. :)
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

I generally buy a mixed case of RST. Can't beat the price and no shipping. PS. Get there early if you want an RST orange hat. They move quick and I mean quick,
Sporrns

Post by Sporrns »

The hell with mixed-case loads and orange hats; I always get there early to trade cigars with Morris - the big-bore 50-ring size Arturo Fuentes sun-grown Double Chateaus in transit for the Romeo y Julieta Excelsiors goes quickly !! By the afternoon of the second day, wannabes are hawking Fincas for trade goods - nolo contendere !! Kevin
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Sporrns wrote:The hell with mixed-case loads and orange hats; I always get there early to trade cigars with Morris - the big-bore 50-ring size Arturo Fuentes sun-grown Double Chateaus in transit for the Romeo y Julieta Excelsiors goes quickly !! By the afternoon of the second day, wannabes are hawking Fincas for trade goods - nolo contendere !! Kevin
Attachments
gigante.jpg
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Weather forecast as of this morning. A dip in the jet stream and then its return which will bring:

Thursday: sunny with scattered afternoon showers
Friday: sunny
Saturday: sunny
Highs in the 80's all three days
Aan