good afternoon mr fox

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox
alund

good afternoon mr fox

Post by alund »

so I am not much of a shotgun collector and my wheelhouse is ww2 sniper rifles... however, a friend in town brought me to a guy's house today and had some stuff I had interest in; milsurp stuff. ALSO.... he had an A.H. Fox side by side 12 gauge 32 inch barreled shotgun which caught my eye..I need help. This guy wants to sell stuff... older gentleman that got the rifle from his granddad, so in the family. apparently the bluing of the weapon was thinning so it was reblued... Here are some pics. Pretty weapon. again not really my thing but..... thank you andy
Attachments
ah fox 5.jpeg
ah fox 4.jpeg
ah fox 3.jpeg
ah fox 2.jpeg
a h fox 1.jpeg
alund

Re: good afternoon mr fox

Post by alund »

2 more pics,, sorry that goofy one on the be was not mine but I did not take a long pic.
Attachments
ah fox 7.png
ah fox 7.png (886.22 KiB) Viewed 4516 times
ah fox 6.jpeg
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

https://www.foxcollectors.com/fox-gun-g ... -directory

Early Style C/CE Grade Circa about 1911.
AHFCA Life Member
alund

Post by alund »

what should it cost?
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

Run the other way. When a gun has been buffed and blued like that, I always fear that the fool that did that hot blued the barrels and the bluing salts are attacking the solder that holds the barrels together as I type this. The receiver, top-lever and safety slide should have been color case hardened. The trigger guard, forearm iron and latch lever should have been nitre blued and the barrels should have been rust blued. The cost to properly refinish the metal of that gun, including picking up the engraving, would be at least $2500 and more if the ribs have to be relayed.
Share the knowledge
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

alund wrote:what should it cost?
Some pictures of the wood would be beneficial. Also, as you consider the value, some of the members of this audience will pay a slight premium for 32" barrels.
alund

Post by alund »

Good info. Original correct long rifles are what I collect normally. No reason to get into a different field of collection. He wanted 3400.... I’ll pass. I’ll take the 1911 and his rem 1100. Thanks guys
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

That's probably a fair price. Personally I think that prices listed on "Guns International" are a little high, but it's a good place to check to get a feel for the price. They have one C at $3,000 and then all the others are considerably more.
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

PM sent.
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
larrys

Post by larrys »

alund wrote:Good info. Original correct long rifles are what I collect normally. No reason to get into a different field of collection. He wanted 3400.... I’ll pass. I’ll take the 1911 and his rem 1100. Thanks guys