So, who bought the K grade?

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Silvers

So, who bought the K grade?

Post by Silvers »

I'm not a trap shooter nor really a collector but I have to admit I was watching this K grade on Gunbroker. Well she topped out at a cool $7125. to include the Simmons rib. One of some eighty(?) K grades made.

Anyone here buy it? Silvers

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =103148638
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

He appears to be a bit of a player or a dealer. He has 121 gunbroker transactions. It was some gun. Next time we see it, it will probably have a Fox rib.
nightowltill2

Post by nightowltill2 »

I am the person who bought this shotgun. When it arrives I will more than likely ask some questions about it on this site. I am a collector of mostly doubles but this gun seemed to be so nice and sort of rare, that I just could not pass on it. I only have one Fox, a really nice Sterlingworth, and hope that I can get some information here on this new one.
Tom
Tom
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Tom, welcome to the forum. As I wrote earlier I'd spotted the gun on BG and emailed to some of the other gents here for their opinions. Also did some research on Fox single barrel trap guns. From what I understand yours is one of about eighty K grade guns. The Simmons rib is of course not original and based on the GB pics there was some difference of opinion if Simmons did a recase and other refurbishing work. But, bottom line it's tough to make conclusions from pics alone so it would be good to hear from you once you get the gun in hand and check her out. Also as I wrote I'm not a trap shooter but I was thinking it would be neat to show up at some trap clubs with that Fox! That was while the gun was sitting on the auction at a relatively low price. Anyway, good luck with your K Fox. Since you have a couple of Fox guns now and collect SxS's you might consider joining the AHFCA. Frank
Aan
nightowltill2

Post by nightowltill2 »

Received the K Fox and I am very satisfied. Surely it must have been reblued after the rib was replaced but is it possible to replace the rib without reblueing? The case colors and wood seemed,to me at least, original. Bore is excellent. It is an extremely clean shotgun and the gentleman that I bought it from was exactly that, a gentleman.
Tom
Tom
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Hello Tom, I'm glad the gun worked out for you. In case you haven't seen it, there is a "lot" of Fox SBT parts on Gunbroker and no bids yet. You can probably buy it for a nominal bid. Gunbroker #107058057 Silvers
nightowltill2

Post by nightowltill2 »

Silvers, thanks for the heads up. I hope that I don't need them but I usually buy parts for guns that I collect.
Tom