New homepage

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
jolly bill

Re: New homepage

Post by jolly bill »

Very well done indeed.

That's an HE / "Super" looking home page.

Many thanks.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Stan Hillis wrote:Craig,

I understand that there must be a tremendous amount of time involved in maintaining the site and administrating it. I appreciate what you do, very much. That said, do you have any idea why I would have to go through the log-in process so often, when I ask the site to save my info, and log me in automatically? Is it a problem on my end, or with the site? It's not every time, but it is pretty often. No pattern to it that I can discern.

Thanks, SRH
This problem has gotten worse in the last day or two. I have now had to log in the last seven times I came here, in spite of asking to be automatically logged in. I would appreciate a reply as to where you think the problem might be .............. on my end, or the website's, or at least an acknowledgement of my request.

SRH
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Last edited by Cthulhu on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

The problem is not with the forum or the new web site it is the way you have your browser configured in my opinion. The forum now has a new address so if your browser is set not to accept cookies it will not save your log in request. Some have set their browser to only allow cookies to remain for a certain period. So after the cooky expires you will be asked to log in. If we have a computer expert on the board with a different explanation I would appreciate it and gladly make recommend modifications. I have tested on multiple devices at multiple times with at least 3 different browsers with no issues. Always update your browser to the latest versions. Craig Larter
Fin2Feather

Post by Fin2Feather »

I have not noticed any changes; still logs me on automatically at home and office the same as always.
Utica Fox Appreciation Society - Charter Member
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

My browser is "Chrome" and I have not experienced any problems.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

fox-admin wrote:The problem is not with the forum or the new web site it is the way you have your browser configured in my opinion. The forum now has a new address so if your browser is set not to accept cookies it will not save your log in request. Some have set their browser to only allow cookies to remain for a certain period. So after the cooky expires you will be asked to log in. If we have a computer expert on the board with a different explanation I would appreciate it and gladly make recommend modifications. I have tested on multiple devices at multiple times with at least 3 different browsers with no issues. Always update your browser to the latest versions. Craig Larter

Thank you very much, Craig. I use Safari, and will see about updating it.

Thanks again, SRH
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

One other suggestion. Delete the saved password in your browser for fox collectors forum. Open the forum after deleting the password and then log in and when your browser asks if you want to save click yrs.
acruzortiz

Post by acruzortiz »

Love the new home page. Outstanding!!
Angel Cruz-Ortiz