32" BE grade 20 gauge.

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
teflon

[color=red]32"BE grade 20 gauge[/color]

Post by teflon »

[/imImageg][imImageg][/img]
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

Teflon,

If you're looking for a guesstimate on the value of what looks like a late style B/BE 20 gauge Fox based on your picture with no further info, I'd say $4000 to $5000.

And that would be for a gun all original with no sins: ie, cracked or bad wood; serious dents and/or pitting in the barrels; shortened wood or barrels. Or other sins.

If any problems with the gun, devalue accordingly.

Just my $0.02 worth but hope it helps some.

Any other input???

Jolly
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

By the way, are you tegun or teflon or both?

If both, you did supply more detail on the gun in your previous posts.

Sorry I didn't recognize that.

I guess my response still applies.

Jolly
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

I gotta differ with Bill on this, and I hate to say this as I'd love to buy such a gun! But being a rather rare BE-Grade, in 20-gauge, and with the quite rare 32-inch barrels, I can't imagine any of the big dealers asking less then $8 to $10 grand for such a gun and getting it rather quickly.
Share the knowledge
mike campbell

Post by mike campbell »

Galazan is aking ~ $6000 each for a number of 20ga Sterlingworths with ejectors, single triggers, etc. But Sterlingworths nevertheless, and made in Utica at that.
teflon

32"BE grade 20 gauge

Post by teflon »

wonder where,Jolly gets those figure's?Thank you for the responses.I think it is 3 times a parker in the quality and rarity.Hope nobody finds that offending.
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

That was my guesstimate: $4000 - $5000.

Looks like I was a bunch on the low side.

And thinking about it more, I have seen some guns, more than just Fox'es, on the net and the bigger shows with some gosh awful big numbers. And they get sold.

Certainly, a Fox B/BE 20 with any length barrel (and original) is a pretty rare gun.

Let's try this one: another uncommon 20 gauge Fox with 32" barrels, an HE with ejectors with 2 1/2" chambers, 8 1/4 pounds in about 50 - 60 % overall original condition.

What might be the market value on this one?

Jolly
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

There were 60 HE-grade 20-gauges made, all with 30- or 32-inch barrels, so this BE-Grade in its configuration is much rarer. Because of the HE's cult following the 20-gauges were drawing $10000 years ago. They sure aren't "worth" that to me. I paid less then two grand for my 8 pound 4.5 ounce, 2-frame, 20-gauge 3-inch chambered, 32-inch barrel, Parker Bros. GH-Grade.

Dispite my feelings, I doubt we'll see any 20-gauge Super-Fox doubles changing hands for less then 15 grand.
Share the knowledge
jolly bill

Post by jolly bill »

Researcher wrote:Dispite my feelings, I doubt we'll see any 20-gauge Super-Fox doubles changing hands for less then 15 grand.
I was thinking in the $12K - $13K neighborhood.
Jolly
teflon

32"BE grade 20 gauge

Post by teflon »

Researcher,that parker that you mention,is in fact a very sweet, rare gun.My previous mention was not ment to offend.I iam looking for a parker like that,a very nice gun indeed.I sold few guns I can't replace,to get the BE that I have.Funny how that works...
TimmS

Post by TimmS »

I would insure it for 12,500 from this eyeshot. But like anything condition is everything.

Also, the DE SN 300001 that Mac speaks of in the book has 26" CHROMOX barrels. I don't remember if it says so in the book, but I saw the gun and thats what it has.

T
birdawg

Post by birdawg »

mike campbell wrote:Galazan is aking ~ $6000 each for a number of 20ga Sterlingworths with ejectors, single triggers, etc. But Sterlingworths nevertheless, and made in Utica at that.
I might be way off base but I don't look at their price as real market value.
Of course they are in the market and some people buy their guns. I wonder how many pay the asking price?
"I have more than I need, but not as many as I want"
"The search continues on many fronts"
Life Member, A.H. Fox Collectors Association.
mike campbell

Post by mike campbell »

birdawg wrote: I wonder how many pay the asking price?
Certainly some do. I wonder how many pay less than 80% of their asking price? I'd bet not many. So I think those will eventually sell for $5K +.

I don't get around much but I have firsthand knowledge of plain jane SW's selling for $2500+.