32" sterlingworths??

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
vaturkey

Re: 32" sterlingworths??

Post by vaturkey »

Stan Hillis wrote:How 'bout some pics, Tom? 32" Foxes make my day.

Thanks, and congrats, SRH
Its inbound Stan. Just closed the deal yesterday. Have sent the funds and the FFL, just waiting for shipment to head out. Once I get it I'll get some pictures up. This is the only 32" ejector Sterly I've ever seen. Seen and owned a couple extractor 32" guns.
Silvers

Post by Silvers »

Nice buy Tom, as you know the 32 Sterly Ejector guns aren't very common. I look forward to see her at HH.

Just lately I saw 132xxx (with no zeros in the s/n) again; she's a 32 SW Ejector gun, transitional Phila/Utica with Phila features to include the safety, lever and smallish splinter. A neat Sterly with only 2-5/8" drop and 14-3/8 LOP to its HRBP. Has 2-weight tubes and choked at 21 and 43 points. Sorry gents I don't have any pics.
Last edited by Silvers on Sat May 20, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Frank, this was a using gun for sure. Condition just very good with little case color left. I know the LOP is 14 1/4" and the chokes were both .038, but that was only reaching in about 3" with a internal caliper so I have no doubt they are more then .038. Tubes are number 2's. Have a 3 day inspection, but unless there is something hidden she looks pretty good. They didn't give it away, but these are hard to find.
67galaxie

Post by 67galaxie »

Wow Tom I would love to see that beauty!
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

vaturkey wrote:
Stan Hillis wrote:How 'bout some pics, Tom? 32" Foxes make my day.

Thanks, and congrats, SRH
Its inbound Stan. Just closed the deal yesterday. Have sent the funds and the FFL, just waiting for shipment to head out. Once I get it I'll get some pictures up. This is the only 32" ejector Sterly I've ever seen. Seen and owned a couple extractor 32" guns.
I'll have one soon, and although it won't be all original, it will be all Fox. I had a decent 30" Sterly ejector already, and was able to buy a set of 32" Fox barrels never before fitted to a gun. Absolutely completed with chambers cut, chokes honed, rib matted and the barrels roll stamped, just never blued and no bead(s). They are being fitted to my Sterly ejector now in TX. Gun is to be sent back to me after fitting, but in the white, and I plan to shoot it enough to determine if I like the handling or if the barrels need more striking to get the handling I desire. Then it will be prepped and blued. It is going to be a using gun, for hunting and clays. I may gradually customize it more as time goes on.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics, Tom, and I know you''re looking forward to receiving it. Thanks ......... and congratulations.

SRH
acruzortiz

Post by acruzortiz »

I got this one at the Parker site ser. # 110047
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21481
what does the D stamped over the 2 on the bbls mean? It looks like there's something stamped over the D but it's hard to make out.
I hope to have a better look once I receive it.
Angel Cruz-Ortiz
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

acruzortiz wrote:I got this one at the Parker site ser. # 110047
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21481
what does the D stamped over the 2 on the bbls mean? It looks like there's something stamped over the D but it's hard to make out.
I hope to have a better look once I receive it.
Angel, can you cut and paste that entire verbage and pictures over here. Unless you are a Parker member you can't see it. Thanks
acruzortiz

Post by acruzortiz »

here you go...
Attachments
SW Trap Letter (1).jpg
SW Trap Letter (1).jpg (82.52 KiB) Viewed 5037 times
SW Trap Bbl Flat.jpg
SW Trap Bbl Flat.jpg (83.71 KiB) Viewed 5037 times
SW Trap Frame.jpg
SW Trap Frame.jpg (108.02 KiB) Viewed 5037 times
SW Trap BBL.jpg
SW Trap BBL.jpg (118.23 KiB) Viewed 5037 times
Angel Cruz-Ortiz
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Thanks much for posting for sure.
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

The big D has a three-lobed crown over it. It is the mark of European company that supplied the tubes. Apparently there are two slightly different Three-lobed crown over a D marks. If the lobes are rounded it is Delcour a Belgian maker, and if they are pointed Didiere barrel works of St Etienne, France. Other tube supplier marks often found on Fox guns are LLH - the mark of Lochet Habran of Jurille, Belgium, and SB&Co. mark which is Sanderson Bros. & Co., a Sheifield, England, company that set up a branch in Syracuse, New York, and later became part of Crucible Steel.
Share the knowledge
acruzortiz

Post by acruzortiz »

Thank you Researcher!!
Angel Cruz-Ortiz
snakeeater

Post by snakeeater »

I have ser.# 106074. Don't remember where I got it. Shot a hell of a lot of Cans & Blackheads with it.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

One more: 32" Sterlingworth Trap model serial number 90072.
Last edited by vaturkey on Sun May 28, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
vaturkey

32" Sterly ejector

Post by vaturkey »

Pictures of the 32" ejector Sterly that is scheduled to arrive on Wed afternoon. Should be at the NE SXS:
Attachments
ejectors12gaugesterly.jpg
ejectors12gaugesterly.jpg (86.93 KiB) Viewed 4917 times
number2barrels.jpg
number2barrels.jpg (64.75 KiB) Viewed 4917 times
fox12gaugeejector32.jpg
MARSHFELLOW

Post by MARSHFELLOW »

Dave,
You're attention to detail is amazing. Kudos once again.
t
IN GOD WE TRUST. SPE Skeet & Uplands and AH Fox vent rib guns a specialty