Becker inspired custom

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox custom project or share information about custom projects. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
eightbore

Re: Becker inspired custom

Post by eightbore »

Thanks, Dewey.
simcgunner

Post by simcgunner »

Always a treat to see your work.Thanks
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

I confess, this is my gun. Dewey and I worked for a long time to make this project come to fruition. Some of you will notice the filing and peening that Dewey did to bring characteristic mismatched Fox metal surfaces together at the breech, the forearm iron, and the barrel bead areas. These are details missed or ignored by many makers of these custom doubles. The lock screws are the best I have ever seen. I will attempt to design an engraving pattern that will incorporate most if not all joints and screw slots into the pattern, making them invisible. I will also try to talk Dewey into installing his hinged trigger into the gun when it comes back from the stockmaker. The gun is designed as a live pigeon gun with safety. The "Bumble Bee" safety will be heavily engraved or checkered because I am all but paralyzed in my right hand and arm and can't feel a standard safety. It is a great example of what Dewey can do with a file. The donor gun is a four digit early A non ejector that was in high mechanical condition with a bad replacement stock. Bill Murphy
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

eightbore wrote:I confess, this is my gun. Dewey and I worked for a long time to make this project come to fruition. Some of you will notice the filing and peening that Dewey did to bring characteristic mismatched Fox metal surfaces together at the breech, the forearm iron, and the barrel bead areas. These are details missed or ignored by many makers of these custom doubles. The lock screws are the best I have ever seen. I will attempt to design an engraving pattern that will incorporate most if not all joints and screw slots into the pattern, making them invisible. I will also try to talk Dewey into installing his hinged trigger into the gun when it comes back from the stockmaker. The gun is designed as a live pigeon gun with safety. The "Bumble Bee" safety will be heavily engraved or checkered because I am all but paralyzed in my right hand and arm and can't feel a standard safety. It is a great example of what Dewey can do with a file. The donor gun is a four digit early A non ejector that was in high mechanical condition with a bad replacement stock. Bill Murphy
Bill,

Have you worked up some ideas with Gournet yet on the engraving? I'm guessing your getting pretty close to that stage.
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

I will wait until the woodwork is done before I get too deep into planning the engraving. It could go from none to extensive.
bbman3

Post by bbman3 »

Wonderful job! Bobby
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Just to update my plans a bit. I haven't laid out the engraving yet, but plan on an unorthodox approach. I will not accentuate any screws, pins, or other joints, including the floorplate and barrel to receiver joint.. All engraving will flow over joints, which will become invisible. I have no idea what that will all look like, but Dewey's work on the gun should be shown off by not exagerrating badly fitted parts, which is the case with most customs. In my opinion, this is the best fitted receiver of any custom we have seen. I am hoping the engraving is up to Dewey's standards.
loggy

Post by loggy »

Nice gun, you gotta lover Becker!
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

I don't know why Dewey's pictures disappeared, since this gun is some of his best, if not the best, of his work on Fox shotguns.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

eightbore wrote:I don't know why Dewey's pictures disappeared, since this gun is some of his best, if not the best, of his work on Fox shotguns.
Bill,

Guessing Dewey went back and edited his posts and deleted his pictures.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

I feel sure that's what occurred. He was pretty disgusted with some posters a year or so ago, mainly on another forum, though.

SRH
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Stan Hillis wrote:I feel sure that's what occurred. He was pretty disgusted with some posters a year or so ago, mainly on another forum, though.

SRH
Yep,
Just did a search and Dewey removed the content of every post he had on this forum.
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

Our loss.

SRH
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

You can change the security settings on your shared file account and lose your "connectivity" to sites like this en mass with just a few inadvertent keystrokes.

It happened to me once by accident and had to have someone half my age help me to correct it. Everything repopulated after fixing the security setting.

Just saying.

Don't have a clue about Dewey though.
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

Bill, he also deleted all his posts off Doublegunshop.com I'd say he was going off the grid for whatever reason.