McIntosh

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
dennyibrandt

McIntosh

Post by dennyibrandt »

I am looking for a paragraph or so by Michael McIntosh that I should have saved when I read it...Just went through all the Shotguns and Shooting books....not there...Not in AH Fox either.......The subject was/is his own personal side by side favorite which he stated was a 16ga Fox with 30" barrels, don't remember the grade......Since I have similar feelings about 30" 16's I'd like to find that page again........(Could have been a magazine article)........Anybody recall reading the same thing???........DEN
vaturkey

Re: McIntosh

Post by vaturkey »

I believe that was in Shooting Sportman Magazine, but I could be wrong. I believe he owned a CSMC Fox, but can't recall anything regarding what gauge.
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

Best Guns?
AHFCA Life Member
fullchoke16

Post by fullchoke16 »

When his guns went up for auction, Bryan Bilinski ran a short article about them in Shooting Sportsman magazine. I'll look for it when I get a chance.
Recoil is most noticed when I miss
fullchoke16

Post by fullchoke16 »

Sept/Oct 2011. No 16's in the group of 10 guns. The Fox was a CSMC XE Special, 20 gauge,2 3/4" chambers, 30" barrels, 6lbs,7oz. His wife kept this gun for the family
Recoil is most noticed when I miss
oldr31

Post by oldr31 »

Take a look at the "Fieldsport" Site and check out the Used Guns section. I think you will find the gun you are asking about is listed there. Brian Belinski owns Fieldsport and was a good friend of McIntosh. If the site doesn't answer your question, give Mr. Belinski a call. I'm sure he will provide the info you seek.

By the way: I don't think the McIntosh "favorite" was a 16 GA.

R.
vaturkey

Post by vaturkey »

I was at Field Sport in October and they did indeed have some of McIntosh's guns for sale.
JasonPeck

Post by JasonPeck »

From Bryan at Fieldsport...

"The one gun of Michael’s that we still have for sale is the Marocchi 12 ga target gun.

His Ithaca Classic Double 20 bore recently sold."
AHFCA Life Member
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

vaturkey wrote:I was at Field Sport in October and they did indeed have some of McIntosh's guns for sale.
Tom, next time you're headed to "Field Sport" let me know,. It's only 5 miles from my cottage. Jeff
TOOL MAN

Post by TOOL MAN »

I thought his favorite was the 29" Wilkes? And I recall a DGJ article he wrote about a 26" (28"??) "B" grade.
Last edited by TOOL MAN on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the whole....I'd rather be in Philadelphia....
dennyibrandt

Post by dennyibrandt »

One favorite Fox leads to another.......Doesn't matter how long you've been at it.....DEN
Researcher

Post by Researcher »

In his life McIntosh only owned three "Fox" doubles. 1. A 30-inch A-Grade Philadelphia Arms Co. serial number 203. 2. An early B-grade with a serial number that was a palindrome. 3. The CSMC XE-grade.
Share the knowledge