What did you add to your NON-FOX collection in 2016?

NO ITEMS MAY BE POSTED FOR SALE ON THIS FORUM or direct references to items for sale. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: A personal item that’s obviously for sale or would appear to be for sale; or if a link is posted to some other site where the item is for sale. Please note that references to items posted elsewhere are ok for discussion as long as a direct link is not included. Any "Wanted to Buy" posts are not allowed and will be removed. The moderators will delete any posts that are deemed offensive, abusive or slanderous in nature. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
Stan Hillis

Re: What did you add to your NON-FOX collection in 2016?

Post by Stan Hillis »

That is sweet, arcmaster. Thank you for posting those. I hope you shoot it as good as it looks.

SRH
FoxintheHenHouse

Post by FoxintheHenHouse »

About mid-summer this year I added another turkey gun, a 1903 Pigeon grade L.C. Smith chain damascus. I don't care much for sidelocks, but this one I couldn't resist. Looks like an untouched 12 gauge 30" choked .040 & .040. Can hardly wait til spring.

FoxintheHenHouse
Jim Cloninger

Post by Jim Cloninger »

Nice tree, Paul! :D Jim
Goodbye Mandy, once in a life time hunting dog. I miss you every day.
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

I squeaked one more in this year. This one will be delivered to my FFL tomorrow via FedEx. A Francotte 25E lightweight 10 gauge. 32 inch barrels F/F , 2 7/8 inch chambers.

I've been wanting a lightweight 10 ever since I sold my Manufrance to John Hosford at Hauseman's a few years ago.

I think I'm set for life in that department now. It will make a great companion to my HE with my Bismuth hand loads.
F1.jpg
F2.jpg
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
fox-admin
Site Admin

Post by fox-admin »

Roger: Beautiful 10ga!!! I remember telling myself all I needed was one 10, now I own 5 Elsie's and 2 Parkers! Good luck restricting yourself to one, they are amazing duck guns.
ROMAC

Post by ROMAC »

Now I'm back up to 5! I said I wanted a lightweight, these below aren't so light!

1-Ithaca
1-Remington
1-W&C Scott
1-Stoeger imported Victor Sarasqueta
"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
49packard

Post by 49packard »

In August I bought an L.C. Smith Ideal Grade 12 Ga. 30" BBLS. Beavertail For End with twin Ivory Beads! It shoots great!
Attachments
12Ga. Ideal Grade L.C. Smith.jpg
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Iver Johnson Skeeter, .410, 30" barrels, beavertail, screaming fancy wood, ejectors, Miller selective single trigger, hard butt with original owl's head buttplate, I think it weighs about 7 pounds, but I may be wrong. I'll follow up with details.
arcmaster

Post by arcmaster »

That is ONE beautiful gun! I love a vintage .410 double!! Very cool. That wood is amazing! Congratulations on a great gun
jimmartin

Post by jimmartin »

Two LC Smiths , a 20ga Ideal and a Field grade 410.
Attachments
20161008_130724PF1.jpg
DSCF0725-parker.jpg
bamboozler

Post by bamboozler »

Parker Reproduction SSS 12-74 012 (2).JPG
While attending The Duluth Doublegun Shoot this past July we visited Puglisi's Gun Emporium in Duluth where I found this unfired 12-ga. Parker Reproduction DHE Steel Shot Special. These guns in this particular configuration are few and far between.
arcmaster

Post by arcmaster »

Wow!! Great find!!! Have you had a chance to use it in the field?
Stan Hillis

Post by Stan Hillis »

eightbore wrote:Iver Johnson Skeeter, .410, 30" barrels, beavertail, screaming fancy wood, ejectors, Miller selective single trigger, hard butt with original owl's head buttplate, I think it weighs about 7 pounds, but I may be wrong. I'll follow up with details.
Wow, Bill! A Skeeter .410 with 30" barrels! Don't tease me, bring it on with the details. Dang, I wish you would learn to post pics!!! :lol:

All my best, SRH
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

Stan, arcmaster sounds like he knows something about my new .410. I took it out to the five stand today, but there was a competition so I shot my old PHE pigeon gun and did not shoot the Skeeter. The Skeeter seems to measure .390 at the muzzles, so it may have .020 of choke. I'll find out when I shoot it. I have only seen two 30" .410 Skeeters advertised in about 60 years of collecting, so it will be an interesting little gun. It is very high condition. I let a friend shoot it this week, so I know it works. arcmaster, do you know about this gun?
Northern Bob

Post by Northern Bob »

I picked up a few non Foxes last year. 3 L.C. Smiths and one British gun. I tend to lean towards the longer barrel guns so one of the Smiths was a Grade 2 with 32" tubes, another was a 30" Grade 3, and the last was a straight grip 32" Field Grade. The FG had an ivory bead and what appears to be english walnut, but looks original to me.
The British gun is a 6 lb, 2 oz, 12 ga, 25" barrel, made by Wilkinson and Son. The name is on the barrels, but in the banner on the side of the action actually has OVERSEAS engraved where the company name is usually. Made for export I assume.