Not a Fox but a custom rifle by a Fox Gunsmith

Use this area to post pictures of you favorite Fox custom project or share information about custom projects. Commercial operations or businesses may not advertise nor appear to advertise their products or services, either directly, or indirectly by a second party, except for simple reference as a source for such products or services
vaturkey

Not a Fox but a custom rifle by a Fox Gunsmith

Post by vaturkey »

Started out as a Remington Model 7 Custom Shop Mannlicher in .257 Roberts. Found a killer piece of Claro and had it restocked by Dan Rossiter at Custom Stocks and Steel who has done a number of Foxes for me and other board members. Dan also added a 3 position Safety and a few other touches. His brother Chris engraved it and the steel buttplate, floor plate, grip cap and Muzzle tip were case color hardened. After restocking the gun retained is rather amazing accuracy of 3/4" at 100 Yards. Topped off with a 3-9 Swarovski and Talley detachable rings. Gun is 39" long.

First trip to the Virginia woods was today. The gun held up its end of the deal for sure:

PS. This little project started about 3 years ago. Patience is a good thing. :)
Jeff S

Re: Not a Fox but a custom rifle by a Fox Gunsmith

Post by Jeff S »

Very cool wood, and congratulations on the buck.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Tom, I also shot an 8 pointer Wednesday morning. Unfortunately, I can't come up with a legitimate reason to post it on the Fox Forum. Best I can come up with is that back in 1982 Brad Bacheldor mounted the scope on my rifle. That's not nearly as interesting as your gorgeous stock.
Mike of the Mountain

Post by Mike of the Mountain »

Nice rifle Tom! BTW, nice buck too!! I couldn't post any "FOX" pics with my 3 deer either Jeff. Fox didn't make a bow. :lol:
eightbore

Post by eightbore »

I watched this rifle during its construction and will say that it has the finest piece of fiddleback that I have ever seen. This being said, I am not a fan of fiddleback. However, this is an exception, and I would not have checkered this gun because of the quality of the wood.
Jeff S

Post by Jeff S »

Speaking of deer, where's the "Toolman"? He usually shoots a monster.